SE4 straight six for sale

Cars For Sale

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Terry Rickard

daveb
RSSOC Member

Post by daveb » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:15 pm

I have sadly decided to sell my SE4 as its really only been used for the longer distance Scenic and economy runs some organised under Historic Rally Car Register rules. Both I and my wife Pat as a crew now feel its time to retire from the longer events, Pat because of her failing eyesight and me because my hips are killing me after a hundred miles driving with what is a fairly heavy clutch compared with modern ones. This has resulted in the car being rarely used in last 18 months. Some of you may remember my article on scenic runs page 26 and picture of my car on rear of Slice 249.
The Coupe was purchased in 2009 undertook a 2 year restoration of Straight six engine, gearbox, clutch, chassis, suspension, wiring, interior and bodywork completed in 2011.
Various improvements include adjustable rear dampers, improvements to wiring with multiple fuses and relays, Battery moved to rear and smaller 12 gallon petrol tank replacing original 22 gallon one - better for economy runs where you have to fill tank to top which is sealed before starting.
Recaro reclining with head rests front seats fitted to welded plates to chassis. Inertia reel seat belts, Brantz meter fitted to glove box.
I do have the old original seats should purchaser be interested.
The car can be viewed in Birmingham, I have more information and current photos if anyone interested
Priced at a reasonable £9000 . Might consider taking a auto SE5 in part exchange
David Bowlas david@davidbowlas.co.uk

Own and restored by me.
SE4 Straight 6 Coupe, 1934 Austin 7 and 1934 Austin 10
Previous Scimitars
SS1 1300 a runner but too small.
SE5 which needed restoration but stupidly sold to fund a restoration project MGBGT which I part restored and subsequently sold.
SE6 scrapped body falling apart.
SE6B sold to local group member

chrisgallacher
RSSOC Member

Post by chrisgallacher » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:46 pm

From the relatively little I know of this car I would say it's on the button and ready to go. A cracking example of a rare car at an attractive price - someone buy it quick!

Good luck with the sale David. Hope it's ok to post up a couple of photos here?
Bowlas Lavender 1 - Cliff Porter.jpg
Bowlas Lavender 1 - Cliff Porter.jpg (181.5 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
Bowlas Lavender 2 - Cliff Porter.jpg
Bowlas Lavender 2 - Cliff Porter.jpg (195.08 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
Bowlas Lavender 3 - Josh Humphriss.jpg
Bowlas Lavender 3 - Josh Humphriss.jpg (188.4 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
Last edited by chrisgallacher on Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris Gallacher
RSSOC Rally Secretary
rally.secretary@rssoc.co.uk

efi_sprintgte
RSSOC Member

Post by efi_sprintgte » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Seen the car in Curborough paddock most years, absolutely stunning!

JC

daveb
RSSOC Member

Post by daveb » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Thanks Chris for your comments and the photos, thanks also for efi sprint's comments. much appreciated.
Its really sad that Pat and I are giving up the longer distance, including home and return, scenic events in my SE4.
Regards
David

Own and restored by me.
Previous Scimitars
SE5 which needed restoration but stupidly sold to fund a restoration project MGBGT which I part restored and subsequently sold.

DARK STAR
RSSOC Member

Post by DARK STAR » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Lovely car David, I'm sorry you have to give it up.
It shouldn't hang around long at that price.

Chris Johnson
RSSOC 1979> Rhubarb SE6a V8 1979-1997 Dark Star Coupé 1989> Scimitar France 2010> Vert Soleil GTC 2014-2018
Scimitar France Website site Scimitar EUROPEEN

daveb
RSSOC Member

Post by daveb » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Thanks for your comments much appreciated, had a few viewers but they wanted a concours coupe, mine is good not perfect as used for scenic runs. Finally sold to a chap in SE Birmingham but not quite my full asking price, but I'm satisfied. However I'm now on look out for a SE5/5a not concours can be auto or manual, so if anyone has one to sell please contact me. Email david@davidbowlas.co.uk.

Own and restored by me.
Previous Scimitars

Return to “Cars For Sale”