Arduino projects for auto electronics, mini ECU etc

For Automotive-related projects such as ECUs and microcontollers. For Scimitar and Sabre original equipment, please use the relevant model areas.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

AJL Electronics
RSSOC Member

Re: Arduino projects for auto electronics, mini ECU etc

Post by AJL Electronics » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:40 am

It is starting to look like I may have to. Testing this morning shows that although the trigger would work, as the road speed increases and load reduces on the engine, so does the pressure. That means that the gearbox would probably drop out of kickdown early. That does happen with mechanical kickdown of course so I will need to try it out both ways.

Yes, we can mend your Scimitar!
Order your Scimitar parts any hour of the day at http://www.classicmicrocars.com (member's discounts).

Fancy a holiday in Gael, France? http://www.ianrhu.com

There is no point trying to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:46 pm

At least you can adjust your threshold based on your road speed?

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1's - 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5
SE5a Barn Find Project 24 Valve conversion
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

toomanysabres

Post by toomanysabres » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Not really anything to do with this I think BUT I was in Salt Lake and I had been invited round to a colleague for dinner. While er-indoors was cooking, matey and I went for a ride up a canyon to a ski resort (Summer by the way) long bendy climb and at some point I thought there was a motor bike in my blind spot but no it was the auto gearbox violently and rapidly oscillating between 2 gears. It was a gutless 3.6litre coupe tank hire car. Good job it wasn't my car. Locking into an intermediate gear shut it up!!!

Now: '62 Sabre 4, '63 Sabre Six, '65 SE4, '00 BMW E38 740i sport.
Prev: '53 ZephyrZodiac, '64 Sabra GT, '68 Elan S3SE, Mk3 Cortina 2000GXL, Mk4 Cortina 2000 Est, 3 SE6a's, 2 SE5a, SE4a Turbo, 1800Ti.
Company: Cav SRi, Cav SRi 130, Honda Concerto 1.6 (yuk)

simmit

Post by simmit » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:43 pm

[quote="AJL Electronics"]Calibrating standard fuel gauges with non standard senders

"Circuit is dead simple. One Arduino Nano. Sender signal connected to A1 with a matching resistor to a 5V regulator (Nano cannot provide enough current), Output from D9 into a 2K resistor which feeds the base of a TIP120 Darlington pair. Fuel gauge is wired to the collector, other side fed from 10V stabiliser as normal. I haven't tested it with a switching regulator, but can't see why it shouldn't work."

I much appreciate your help but the information is way beyond me. Is there a simple and readily available gubbins, at sensible price, that will sort my problem?

Return to “Automotive Electronics”