Rosberg retirement shock

For discussion about any other Motorsport Discipline (Drag Racing, etc).

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, nickkeyser

BigBobPilot
RSSOC Member

Re: Rosberg retirement shock

Post by BigBobPilot » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:49 pm

CNHSS1 wrote:Bottas is proper quick imho ... and being a Finn, he won't buckle mentally like Rosberg did.
That will be Nico Rosberg, whose Dad Keke is a Finnish F1 champ then!

I dunno, I think Nico had to be pretty mentally tough to come back against Hamilton again & again then be champ this year, whatever you think of the circumstances. Although he did check out pretty quickly after Abu Dhabi...

I'm looking forward to seeing how it shapes out. I wanted to see Button at McLaren when Heikki (another Finn) got the drive, but when Button did get there, he pushed Hamilton hard. Bottas seems nice and mentally steady, unlike Hamilton, so it could be close. I'm sure Bottas will be extremely motivated to step up and take it to Hamilton, he seems like he'll back himself more than Heikki ttoo. Bring it on. Hamilton will certainly be a tougher team mate than Maldonado though!

Ben

SS1 CA18DET race car in build
Latest owner of V6 coupe SRE 353G
SSSC Champion 2009, driving "Big Bob"
CSCC "Swinging 60s" race series winner in 2011, 2014 & 2015 (Group 2) sharing a Marcos with Iain Daniels

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:58 pm

Keke is a proper Finn, Nico is a monagasque German.

And Nico checked out the minute he finally beat Lewis.

Nico improved his mental toughness this year to the point where he was closer than he'd ever been. Some good reliability and the odd questionable manoeuvre and he finally beat Lewis so the mental approach worked. Imho Nico didn't believe he could do it again so he retired. Maybe that shows mental strength, I don't know.

Racing is life, everything before and after, is just waiting--Steve McQueen
6 time Class Champ, 2006 & 2014 SSSC Champion

RIP Batmobile, await the Rise of Dark Knight 8)
Sabre 'Light Sabre' 360hp!!

greeny
RSSOC Member

Post by greeny » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:09 am

CNHSS1 wrote:Keke is a proper Finn, Nico is a monagasque German.

And Nico checked out the minute he finally beat Lewis.

Nico improved his mental toughness this year to the point where he was closer than he'd ever been. Some good reliability and the odd questionable manoeuvre and he finally beat Lewis so the mental approach worked. Imho Nico didn't believe he could do it again so he retired. Maybe that shows mental strength, I don't know.
Or maybe he just wanted to play Dad? He proved to himself he could do it so he stopped when he did.
As for JB look at the options.... home with his average looking future wife or sat in a mclaren for a weekend?????
I know where I would be and it wouldn't be the mclaren!!!!

Babe the GTC number 229 and and Smurfett the 1400 SST. Ness the vw t4 van/dayvan/camper
Previous 3.0v6 X type jaguar triumph acclaim scimitar SE4A 663 (ex Collin Watson coupe) 2x se5a's 2x SS1 1600s and a load.of other things I can't remember!!!
GTC drivers doing it under canvas since 1981!!
RSSOC SCIMITAR GTC REGISTRAR
Website scimitargtc.co.uk
12601 14846 18/09/12

ScimmyMike
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimmyMike » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:30 am

Personally I think JB has made a mistake and he's said as much himself, he's still got it. ok he tailed off last season once the announcement was made, seems Ron Dennis persuaded Jenson not to completely retire which is what he wanted to do but take an effective time out, bit selfish of Dennis really as he was only looking after his own companies a*se should Stoffel bomb it or the Spanish one call it a day next season should the car turn out to be poo, otherwise JB may well have had a season alongside the hamster, still may end up driving in 2018 but I'm not holding my breath even as a Jenson fan I can't really see it happen

SE4c rebuilding. SE5a similar it seems!
SAAB C900 2 door
Scimitar SE4 SE4c SE5 SE6b Austin A35

High Peak Noggin Secretary & general dogsbody

www.high peak noggin

If you can see the tree before you hit it that's understeer
if you only feel the tree as you hit it that's oversteer

Return to “Other Motorsport Discussion”