Anglesey 28/29 June 2008

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, nickkeyser

turbster
RSSOC Member

Post by turbster » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Phil, I'll try my best to keep it in one piece, don't want a winter in the garage like last year and I've only just got the garage clean again from doing the arches :roll:

Raz, A win....hmmm as I said in the report I gave away nearly 30s to the E-type in the pit stops and about ten to the Sprite, take that into consideration and I would've been just behind the winning Lotus. He was untouchable at Anglesey tbh, but he now has 1m30s (1m first win, 30s every one after that) in win penalties so he's got to pit them take the penalty before coming out. This will make life a little easier, however he didn't seem as quick at Mallory....so maybe horses for courses??? I take a little comfort from the fact he weighs about as much as my engine and gearbox :lol:

Of course other cars a up there that weren't out at Anglesey, so we'll just have to see, I've also got some spring rate changes to do which should give me a better front end and less roll.

Oulton looks like it will suit the car as it doesn't like the tight twisty stuff too much at the moment, and if it rains....I really fancy my chances :wink:

Paul.
Last edited by turbster on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2005 RSSOC Sprint and Hillclimb champion
LRP 335E SE4a
XRF 976H SE5
DBY 119M SE5a
Previous: Sabre Six GT, SE4, SE4a, SE4b, SE5, SE5a x 5, SE6a x 2, SE6b x 2, GTC, Middlebridge x 2, SS1 ti, Sabre 1.4k

ptscim

Post by ptscim » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:16 pm

Just read the write up Paul :D , Congratulations to you and Ben and of course Ian with the other sabres, maybe this could be the future for all us fellow compies it sounds like ......?FUN :lol: , I'd like to come and watch sometime... possibly if you ever get close to the westcountry :shock: .
Keep up the good work for a very underestimated 'BRITISH' car! :twisted:
See you at Curbs.
Phill.

Phill.
(Leadfoot Morgan!)
RSSOC Speed championship competitor.
GTE mod prod class.
Present 5a.
Previous 2x 5a's, 6a and a competition prepared Se5.

turbster
RSSOC Member

Post by turbster » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi Phil,

Cheers for that, yes it's good to suprise a few people with the pace of the Scimitars, as ben said, even a modified spec car is quick enough to hold it's own with the more respected TR6, E-types etc...

Yeah see you at Curboro mate, be interesting how quick the car is with all the changes I've done for racing???

There's a race at Combe in October, not sure who's likely to be doing it yet.

Paul.

2005 RSSOC Sprint and Hillclimb champion
LRP 335E SE4a
XRF 976H SE5
DBY 119M SE5a
Previous: Sabre Six GT, SE4, SE4a, SE4b, SE5, SE5a x 5, SE6a x 2, SE6b x 2, GTC, Middlebridge x 2, SS1 ti, Sabre 1.4k

Return to “Events”