Broadband Speed

Having problems with RSS? Outlook? Windows?

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward, Terry Rickard

TrevorG
RSSOC Member

Broadband Speed

Post by TrevorG » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:37 pm

Up until this morning, down in this little hamlet, we have been basking in the amazing broadband speed of 0.7mb/s thanks in the main to bt not investing in rural west Wales's network and the awful state of their wiring. Twice I have had engineers saying that it is hanging on by a prayer and being 3 miles from the junction box, we hadn't got a chance!

A couple of near farms have paid bt for super slow broadband, ie fibre, which brought it up to 10mb/s, some have gone to satellite.

Me, I've argued and argued non stop for eight years with bt and today, wahoo, they put me on a free not so superfast connection. I can now see video clips on the internet and download things just like a normal modern person.

If anyone out there has the same problem, contact me and I'll send you the details of how to effect the changeover for free.

scimmy_man
RSSOC Member

Broadband Speed

Post by scimmy_man » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:42 pm

we used to have 3mbs on bt
after the engineer had 3 hours changing things etc it want to 5, then back to 4

if you have a half decent mobile signal you can get a mobile wifi unit, we got 15mbs mast is 2 miles away

earlier this year they laid fibre, now on 75mbs

I've taken a vow of poverty ...... Annoy me by sending me money!!

Coupe Racing
RSSOC Member

Broadband Speed

Post by Coupe Racing » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:10 pm

got a similar problem , but not such a slow speed.

Considering 4G with unlimited data for lees money than my broadband , and 30Mbs to boot instead of 5

Return to “Computer Problems and Solutions”