Competition Pages Update

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, nickkeyser

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Competition Pages Update

Post by CNHSS1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Alyn has very kindly sorted it for me to be able to update the Competition pages (left hand side of screen, blue tool bar) which i shall start on shortly.
Due to the MSA having still not offically 'rubber stamped' our regs, they will not be posted up, the old out of date ones will stay for a while longer.
All active competitors have been emailed or posted the draft regs, and registration form (which you need to send off to Raz ASAP), and any guys that have expressed an interest in playing this year have also been supplied a copy, so the immediate panic is over. If any newbie would like a copy or help in the short term before the '09 regs are posted in the Comp section, contact me directly.

but you 'orrible lot can help me out :lol:
The 'Readers Wives', er ooops, 'Readers Rides' section is out of date. Ben did ask for compies to supply the info to fill them in but only afew responded. Please supply a few pics to me (pref email) and a bit of blurb about your car, achievements, sponsors, etc etc, and i will start to post them up to make it look a bit more up to date and inviting to potential competitors.

If you dont send any info in after ive asked nicely, i will just make it up!! :twisted: :lol:

so its in your own interests Guys. If you dont want a photoshopped pic of your car with frilly curtains and you depicted in a head scarf and stilletto's, i suggest you help me out.
i realise that for some of you, that is normal 'weekend' attire, but others may prefer a more accurate depiction :lol:

Can a friendly Mod please make this a highlighted sticky or similar please if the think fit?
Cheers
CNH

Racing is life, everything before and after, is just waiting--Steve McQueen
6 time Class Champ, 2006 & 2014 SSSC Champion

RIP Batmobile, await the Rise of Dark Knight 8)
Sabre 'Light Sabre' 360hp!!

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:53 am

come on you lot!! ive not had one set of pics and info for the readers drives section :roll:

pull ya proverbial fingers out. when i get a few i will post them up.

If not i will make good my promise and lie and make up your profile :wink: :lol:

Dont be shy, many of you have interesting cars, or car history, or have won stuff, so why not share and hope that it brings more members out to play

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:24 pm

Possibly not the best place, but I still struggle to post pictures in any detail within the size limit,

Any advise?

Nick

MR2 and Beemer 3 series, currently no Scim!
Six times SSSC Class Winner
Not over the hill, just going up it faster !

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:06 pm

Nick
re this post, for the Competition pages i need you to email me pics and info which will be hosted by the clubs server but not be able to be edited.

for forum posting pics, Jim and Erikscimitardemon have a thread somewhere that explains how to post. Personally i use Photobucket (free) and put the automatic link from photobucket in my postings.

CNH

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Craig,

Can we post direct to site ( hopefully to save you work)?

If so, how?

If not, will E mail. Easiest a a word doc?

Nick

MR2 and Beemer 3 series, currently no Scim!
Six times SSSC Class Winner
Not over the hill, just going up it faster !

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:12 pm

unfortunately Nick, you will have to email them to me, its not editable by the user im afraid.

email text in a word doc and images seperately as JPEGS (as big as poss and i can resize if necessary) ideally

Cheers

Craig

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:59 pm

CNHSS1 wrote:come on you lot!!
pull ya proverbial fingers out. when i get a few i will post them up.

If not i will make good my promise and lie and make up your profile :wink: :lol:
Oooh dear, only Nick Hall has bothered to send me pics and blurb for the compie pages, and Chris E has given some stuff to update his thats already there.

so, who wants to be first with the made up profile? :lol:

Coupe Racing
RSSOC Member

Post by Coupe Racing » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:18 pm

I could do with updating mine - shall I resubmitt an ammended version of what already is on the sight then ?

Cheers

Steve

Blessed are the Cheese makers

Better to be an hour early than 1 minute late

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:43 pm

to be fair Steve, the dig isnt at you (youre on there) its at all the lazy sods that cant be bothered to send me a few words and ideally 3 pics to tell others how wonderful they and their car are! :twisted:
if youd like to update your details, then drop me an email with any new pics and the updated words please mate, cheers :D

in an effort to promote the club and the SSSC to try to increase numbers out on track, this is one of the ways you guys can help. one of the overwhelming problems everyone brought up at the drivers meeting last year and in response to the questionaire i sent out, was falling numbers, so this, along with a few other ideas and schemes ive come up with, ought to help a bit.

For me the Compie guys are the 'flag flyers' for the RSSOC. Its why the club was started back in the Stone age, and is the one area that attracts the younger generation to the marque, some of whom were born after the factory closed its doors finally :shock:

Not a lot to ask Chaps, email me or sharpen the quill, scribble on the back of a fag packet and tie to a pigeon, just so long as it gets to me :roll:

cheers
CNH

Raz987

Post by Raz987 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:00 pm

CNHSS1 wrote: Not a lot to ask Chaps, email me or sharpen the quill, scribble on the back of a fag packet and tie to a pigeon, just so long as it gets to me :roll:
Or put it in with your registration form and send it to me :D

Raz
Ex-SS1 Ti Circuit Racer
Pug 206 GTi Circuit Racer

geoff corderoy

Re: Competition Pages Update

Post by geoff corderoy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi
Can somebody clarify the following please.
Under the current regulations it seems that our cars can be standard using 1a tyres, or modified running on list 1a, 1b or slick tyres(subject to MSA log book). If we attend other clubs meetings what class do we get put in. There seems little point in keeping the car in roadgoing trim only to be put in a class where they are fully modified and running slicks.
Geoff Corderoy

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Geoff,

the RSSOC run to MSA-only regs now (from 2009) so you need to look at the Blue Book to see where your car drops in (i assume your red SS1 turbo?).

Our SSSC 2010 regs are with the MSA now, unlikley to be 'official' in very near future, but i can email you copies of our 2009 regs if yo PM me your email address.

MSA Roadgoing are for very near production spec cars, no roll cage (MSA defined, not a roll hoop) required, although recommended

MSA Modified Production (known as ModProd) is what 90% of our old 'Modified' and 'Super Modified' cars drop into. In modprod you can use any tyre inc slicks, although the cars need an MSA Log Book to run with slicks as they dont run under the MOT road legal spec.
All cars must have 4 point roll cage (as defined in section K of Blue Book, reliant ss1 roll hoop not suitable)

MSA Sports Libre covers any cars with chassis mods between the wheelbase, non-std engines (ie colognes where an essex once lurked, V8s etc etc) or 'silhouette' representations of a Scimitar.

From what i remember of your SS1, it would either have to have some of the mods removed to run in Roadgoing without the addition of a cage, or fit a cage.

Not SSSC rules, MSA legislation, but all to improve safety so good idea albeit the wallet might not agree.

anything else mate, just ask :D

(bout time you came out of hiding again :wink: )

geoff corderoy

Post by geoff corderoy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:43 am

Hi Craig
Perhaps I should stay in hiding as this is all getting very complicated.
All I need to know is whether I can compete in a road going car and have some chance of competing against similar road going cars at the various events or if I will be up against slick shod copetition cars and stand no chance(not that I stand much chance anyway).
By the way the ss1 is virtually standard - turbo, brakes etc so I have to decide to either put the standard wheels, shock absorbers back on the car and remove the intercooler so I can try to kill myself with brakefade or spend lots of money to make the car competitive against the modified boys.
Geoff

Coupe Racing
RSSOC Member

Post by Coupe Racing » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:40 pm

geoff corderoy wrote:Hi Craig
Perhaps I should stay in hiding as this is all getting very complicated.

or spend lots of money to make the car competitive against the modified boys.
Geoff
Ah - the age old dilema :)

Anyway - as we run a handicap system now - everyone in theory stands a chance - even if they dont actually win on the day

Come out and play - You are good and will make a difference

Cheers

Steve

Blessed are the Cheese makers

Better to be an hour early than 1 minute late

CNHSS1
RSSOC Member

Post by CNHSS1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Hiya Geoff,

yep i agree it does now sound mega confusing, but actually the RSSOC bit is far less complicated and much fairer than its ever been.

To compete with other scimitars in terms of points etc, as Steve says our handicap system bases your time penalty addition to your actual time, on 3 things, the cars weight (less driver), cars power output at the flywheel and what tyre type you are using.

This way a bog stock car with no bhp increasing or weight lowering mods on ordinary road tyres doing say 70secs at a dbl lap curboro will compete directly with a slick shod, monster power, lightweight racer doing 59secs as the latters ACTUAL time will have a (for 2010) 5% handicap for running slicks, plus an additional handicap for its weight reduction and its increased performance which when those 3 handicap factors are added, will also be doing approx 70secs.

i can send you last years spreadsheet showing each cars weight, bhp and tyre type, and the results from each event which should put your mind at rest.

for the RSSOC speed championship points scoring, which class you enter on the day, Roadgoing, ModProd or Sports Libre doesnt make a jot of difference which is nice and simple.

The only issue comes as a competitor is to know which MSA class you car falls into as to what to write on an events entry form. This is purely MSA regs and nowt to do with the RSSOC, so its them boys that are causing you (and every other competitor :roll: ) headaches, by altering the regs for each class year on year.

To tell you more accurately which MSA 'on the day' class your car drops into, i need to know what mods over std the car has. Certain mods will pop you out of Roadgoing and into Modprod where you require a cage, ironically often power hiking mods do not!

feel free to email me pics and a spec and i will do my best for ya mate.

PLEASE NOTE:-
i havent gone into specifics as those that have renewed their MSA licences for 2010 will see that the Blue Book wordings for Roadgoing and ModProd have changed slightly. I have a number of specific queries that appertain to Scimitars that ive asked clarification for but havent had as yet so the 2010 club 'quick ref guide' doesnt appear yet.

The 2010 SSSC regs are with the MSA awaiting rubber stamping (dont hold your breath...).

few things to note though re personal safety equipment, BS A 'blue' sticker helmets are no longer allowed and check your race suit, the FIA 1986 std is currently allowed but is likely to be removed end of the year.
The Blue Book states fireproof gloves are required (ie mandatory) but the standard to which they need to adhere and where that std is shown on the gloves, is being contested at the moment. watch this space, you will have to wear fire resistant race gloves, but the spec is contentious.

Craig

Return to “General Sprint and Hillclimb Chat”