Thoresby Park 16 September 2012

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, nickkeyser

b.c.flat hat
RSSOC Member

Re: Thoresby Park 16th Sept

Post by b.c.flat hat » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:25 pm

How do. Amen to Steves comment on the Notts club members, very well organised

Eric_M

Post by Eric_M » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 pm

The BRG SE5a is mine in the Trailer Park, its amazing how photo's can flatter paintwork, but can't repair front bumpers :oops: .

Its the third time I've been to Thoresby Park and the Notts club really do run a great event. The Scimitar boys all seemed to enjoying themselves, as others have said, more suited to small nimble cars than family estates. It is a track that is all about tight corners and acceleration, there are no medium or high speed corners. FTD is usually a very well driven Locaterfield or 1000cc single seater.

Very happy with the Clan yesterday, 50.36 timed run which was on 3 year old slicks, over a second inside my P.B.

Part of my Scimitar competed as well yesterday, the battery was used in the red Marcos in the afternoon. who had lots of electrical problems all weekend.
Best Quote of the day for me was from one of the Start Marshals after the Marcos was towed back again from the finish area - " he's been a very naughty boy, all weekend"

Cheers

Eric

dt4

Post by dt4 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 am

When we did the parade lap there was a lot of evidence of uneven braking, the road surface was quite "lumpy" in places and most cars were locking a wheel up when braking.
The course looked quite a challenge to be fair, one for the smooth driver not the on / off pedal to the metal merchants :) It did get me hankering for giving it a go again but I wouldnt be happy thrashing "Simmy" around a track.

dt4

Post by dt4 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:13 am

One for you then Eric, the clan....

plus some more of the cars on the day

and in the car park

b.c.flat hat
RSSOC Member

Post by b.c.flat hat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 pm

How do, dt4. Brilliant pictures of a brilliant and unexpected extra event. Good to see you, the memsarb and car in the parade, perhaps we should do similar at Curbs to add to the variety. Brian.

RSSOC Competiton Sec

Post by RSSOC Competiton Sec » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:26 am

Great reports and good to see the photos. I really enjoyed this event; as everyone else says the course is unusual for a sprint but the setting, organisation and friendy atmosphere are great. I suggest putting it on the championship calendar again next year - subject to a proper discussion on where we all want to go.
The competition with B.C. Flat Cap was very close as usual - 1 hundreth difference on one run! Somehow I managed a 2 second imrovement on m last run - i just hope I didn't hit any tennis balls a penalties are added after the run. I await the final results with bated breath!

Comp sec

Competition Secretary
RSSOC 2013

Corky
RSSOC Member

Post by Corky » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:49 am

I found some video of one of my runs at this event, so have stuck it on YouTube :-

Steve
Current:- SS1 Ti sprint car, project. VW Touareg 3.0 V6
Prev:- Sabre Ti, 2xSS1 Ti, SS1 16v Turbo Racer, 5XGTC, 2XSE6B, 2XSE5A, 2XV6 Coupe, Sabre 6
Project Threads & YouTube

“It's not the winning, it's the taking apart that counts"

Return to “Events”