Bryan "crasher" Crouch

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, nickkeyser

Crouchie_b
RSSOC Member

Bryan "crasher" Crouch

Post by Crouchie_b » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:02 pm

NAME: Bryan Crouch
RSSOC NICKNAME: Crouchie or Crasher Crouch (although i'm trying hard to ditch that one!)
DOB: 1970 (i'm sure Hughes' lied, there is no way I'm older than him - maybe he's just had a harder Life?)
STARTED COMPETING: 2003
MARITAL STATUS: Married to Julie, daughters Livvy & Maddie
RSSOC CLASS: Mod Prod
CAR: 1991 SST
CAR HISTORY:
Drove a SE5 (YUC253H) as an everyday driver but needed to replace it as the tin worm was having a feast on the chassis. Bought the SST in 2001 as a late birthday present to myself. The trader in Blackheath had taken it in as a trade-in and didn't know what to do with it. Windscreen wiper not working (blown fuse), Blowing Exhaust (both lower manifold studs where loose) & best of all sticking throttle which stuck full open on the test drive (peddle catching under footwell side trim). They couldn't wait to see the back of it!
Drove it in auto tests for a couple of years before having a go in sprinting. 2003 & 2004 in standard turbo, 2005 & 2006 in Modified and now in Super Mod. The car has evolved as the seasons have gone on but was to preserve it as a modified road going car –but the temptation got too big! After a blowing head gasket & boiled brakes at a track day at Oulton Park, the car was taken off the road for major revisions
MODS:
Colour coded front & rear valances, Apex cone air-filter, Cosworth Intercooler, Head flowed & ports matched, Custom 2.5” exhaust & Peco Back Box, XR4x4 viscous LSD, battery in the boot, Kumho Tyres, 7x15" Honda Accord Wheels, AVO Shocks, Custom Front Springs & Up-rated Rears, MR2 boot spoiler.

BEST TIME AT CURBOROUGH: DOUBLE LAP: 68.75

ACHIEVEMENTS:
Standard Turbo Class Champion – 2003 & 2004
Pist’n Broke Award – 2005
Handicap Champion - 2006

ANY OTHER INFO:
Aim - to complete Mission Improbable and scare the s**t out of Evo’s in ModProd!

THANKS TO:
My wife Julie & Daughters for tolerating the hours in the garage. Pete ‘Mutton Chops’ Brown (fellow Compie & Garage Owner) for the coffee, use of ramps & tools, advice & mentoring. To all the fellow Compies who have, at various times, provided tools/advice/spares when I’ve broken or crashed into something. And finally to Team Crouch/Isaacs Racing (AKA My Niece, Sister, Brother-in-law, Mum & Dad) who provide constant support/abuse depending on what’s needed.
Attachments
small pic (2).jpg
small pic (2).jpg (27.36 KiB) Viewed 946 times
small pic (3).jpg
small pic (3).jpg (27.28 KiB) Viewed 947 times

Crouchie_b

Return to “Profiles”