Middlebridge Handbooks and Manuals

Topics related solely to the Middlebridge Scimitars

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

drcdb15
RSSOC Member

Middlebridge Handbooks and Manuals

Post by drcdb15 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:05 pm

There seem to have been numerous references recently (or is it just me?) to the Middlebridge 'handbook'. This worries me, as I wasn't aware there ever was such a beast, and if there is I certainly would like to obain a copy.

Can we establish here a definitive list of published MB technical literature?

I am aware of:
The Illustrated Parts Catalogue, available on the MESS website under 'Downloads'
Middlebridge Service Record Book, same source (incidentally, I prepared a clean copy of this for Will, ie with the service stamps on the final page erased, which seems not to have made its way onto the MESS site, if anyone wants a clean copy)
Assorted electrical and wiring diagrams, same source (I believe Peter Freeman created some of these)
Assorted MB publicity technical specification sheets, same source.
Don Pither's The Scimitar and its Forebears includes similar specification data, presumably taken from the same original publicity.
20th Anniversary Driver's Handbook produced by Mick Gaughran and George Sampford (I believe)

There are of course also the numerous technical hints and tips which have been collated on the MESS website, many thanks to Mick and the various contributors for those.

But as far as I am aware, there is no specific Workshop Manual, or original Middlebridge-produced Driver's Handbook, or any other technical literature produced by MB itself - or is there? (and yes, I remembered to check Dave Poole's site this time :lol: )

If anyone knows of any, and even better, where to get a copy, I'd very much like to know. Thanks

Chris
MB61; formerly 1978 SE6A 3.5 V8; 1986 SE6B 2.9 EFi.

Return to “Middlebridge”