Patrick Gundry

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

topsy
RSSOC Member

Re: Patrick Gundry

Post by topsy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:00 pm

The Unwins were hoping to see Patrick in Scotland and regret this will not be possible.

After such a brave fight to recover from his accident it's so unfair that cancer should cause his demise.

We will always remember his kindness, warmth, considerate nature and cheery good humour. Patrick had the ability to appreciate the best in everyone, He will long be remembered, and we are sure that he and Dave will be exchanging jokes in scimitar paradise!

John & Jill

Monty
RSSOC Member

Post by Monty » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:44 am

Such sad news.
I can only echo everyone else and say this was a true gent of a man.

I first meet Patrick at the Scottish International at Pitlochry years ago. I was greeted with a healthy hand shake and that warm smile which would draw you in to a great conversation.

Following that meeting he became a 10 minute friend, I would chat to him for 10 minutes every year at Curborough always with the same warmth and friendliness as the first meeting.
I for one will be raising a glass to the man this coming August at the Curburgring

RIP Patrick a true gentleman.

Monty

timweb7

Post by timweb7 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:45 am

Hi,

This is a very late post and also I did not know Mr.Gundry personally but my condolences to him, may he be gifted with a great afterlife.

I stumbled upon this post when searching for this registration number as I was looking for it.

I am wondering if anyone knows the now owner of this car or registration and if there is any means of getting in touch I would appreciate it.

Once again I am extremely sorry to post on here something which is out of context, please do not take this the wrong way or hate on me for doing this.

Thank you very much.

scimjim
RSSOC Member

Post by scimjim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:15 pm

I'm afraid Patrick's car was written off in a serious accident. I believe Mike Thompson dealt with it.

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

timweb7

Post by timweb7 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Would be great if Mike or the person who handled it could be contacted.

Appreciate the response.

Thank you.

Return to “In Memory of...”