C.S.Rolls Biography Lecture Evening at Rolls-Royce Factory

For Meetings such as the RSSOC International

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

Darren C

C.S.Rolls Biography Lecture Evening at Rolls-Royce Factory

Post by Darren C » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi,

I have organised an evening at Rolls-Royce Motorcars Goodwood, West Sussex with guest speaker Bruce Lawson

This is an invitation by pre-booking only.

Please come along for a very special event at Rolls-Royce Motorcars on the evening of Wednesday 15th October.

Bruce has kindly agreed to give a speech on his new biography of Charles Rolls.
Through comprehensive research the life of Rolls has for the first time been completely captured with many anecdotes to reflect the spirit and glamour of the Edwardian age.
Charles Stewart Rolls “Edwardian Superstar” a fascinating history into the sometimes overlooked name that formed half of the greatest partnership in automotive history.
I am very pleased to offer this unique event at Goodwood the new home of Rolls-Royce Motorcars to members of British Car Clubs as guests of the Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts Club, Central Southern Section.

The event will include parking in the Courtyard of the plant (photo opportunity) with the lecture (including slide show) in the Headquarters Guest Centre.
Tea and coffee on arrival and a hot fork Buffet afterwards.
As a token of our appreciation for Rolls-Royce Motorcars offering this most prestigious location, a proportion of the entry fee will be donated to their nominated charity for 2014.
PACSO Parents and Carers Support Organisation
www.pacso.org.uk

The cost is £21 per person.

Those wishing to attend please pm me with your name and email address so that I can forwards you a booking form for this unique event.

Kindest Regards
Darren C

@classiccarguru1

747PETE
RSSOC Member

Re: C.S.Rolls Biography Lecture Evening at Rolls-Royce Facto

Post by 747PETE » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:58 pm

P.M. SENT :-)

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Post by Roger Pennington » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:39 am

You have a PM :)

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

Darren C

Post by Darren C » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Bookings received and confirmed. Many thanks Guys :D

Plenty of spaces left if anyone else would like to attend.

@classiccarguru1

747PETE
RSSOC Member

Post by 747PETE » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:17 pm

Really hacked off about this,I cannot make it ,the M.G. has let me down bigtime...similar fuel leaks to a Scim...and I have not enough time to get there now :-( Enjoy it Darren and Roger!!!

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Post by Roger Pennington » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:00 am

Hi Darren, many thanks for arranging this, it was a good evening, with an entertaining speaker and an interesting subject. :D It was also interesting to see the factory from the courtyard - I didn't know it had all those glass walls enabling you to see the rows of cars inside, going through the production process.

thanks again :)

p.s. Pete, sorry to hear about your misfortune with the car, hope you get it sorted, and look forward to catching-up at some future date :)

....Roger

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

747PETE
RSSOC Member

Post by 747PETE » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:47 am

Glad you enjoyed it Roger and thanks to Darren for arranging what I missed! :(
The fuel issue is a real pain,I fitted expensive American fuel hose about 18 months ago,only to find a couple of nasty leaks yesterday about one hour before setting off! The giveaway was the S.U. pump clicking whilst the engine was not running,fuel being pumped out over the downpipes :shock: .Its not going to be difficult to fix,methinks it was a duff batch of hose.
That looks a very interesting set up at Goodwood from what I have seen on the Internet.

Darren C

Post by Darren C » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Thank you for supporting the event, The feedback from everyone so far has been very positive. The turn out in the end was great and the event (after the hotel's food bill) raised a most impressive £250 for the PACSO charity :D
There was a great deal of interest in organising another visit with possible tour. I'll see what I can do in the new year :wink:
Pete, I hope you get the MG sorted, the only consolation I can offer is that the weather was terrible last night, so all your polishing would have been in vain! But lets hope to see you next time.

Kind regards
Darren

@classiccarguru1

747PETE
RSSOC Member

Post by 747PETE » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Glad you raised so much Darren and please put my name on that list for next year :D :D

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Post by Roger Pennington » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:54 am

Darren, if you do manage to sort out a tour, then I'd certainly be interested too (subject to dates of course), so if you could pencil me in, that would be great! :D

You're right that the weather was a bit wet last night, but I got the chance to give the mulberry car a richly deserved wash and polish today so normality has been restored :)

....Roger

Return to “Meetings”