Edinburgh Informal New Year meet/run

For Meetings such as the RSSOC International

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

ScimiTom
RSSOC Member

Re: Edinburgh Informal New Year meet/run

Post by ScimiTom » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:23 am

Nice idea, going to Fisherrow Harbour (provided the Musselburgh NEDs aren't out in force!). Would there be any point perhaps having the Friday or Saturday in reserve as a back-up, should Thursday's weather be poor? I know it complicates things, but it'd be a shame to go ahead with it if it's p***ing down.

Current: 'Boffin' (1971 SE5a)
Previous: 'Sunshine' (1980 SE6b)

Will Anderson
RSSOC Member

Post by Will Anderson » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:24 am

scotdunc wrote:
Please post your interest on the list below:

1/ scotdunc - Duncan - Coupe
2/ ScimiTom - Tom - 5a
3/ Will Anderson - 5a (Possible)
4/
5/
6/

Will Anderson - RSSOC 4230 & Middlebridge Registrar
SE5a 1973, SE5a 1972, Middlebridge 14 & 42, P.O. Middlebridge 46

scotdunc

Post by scotdunc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 am

ScimiTom wrote:Nice idea, going to Fisherrow Harbour (provided the Musselburgh NEDs aren't out in force!). Would there be any point perhaps having the Friday or Saturday in reserve as a back-up, should Thursday's weather be poor? I know it complicates things, but it'd be a shame to go ahead with it if it's p***ing down.

Tom, Im pretty sure most of Musselburgh will still be 'in bed' on the 2nd Lol. But your idea of back up dates makes sense. I'll keep the date as the 2nd, but final decision made on say the 30/31 Dec as regards to weather conditions, and any potential date change.

Heres hoping we get - (a) dry brright weather and (b) a good few people turn up!

Toot toot all

scotdunc

Post by scotdunc » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi all, just bumping this up to see if theres anymore interest in getting your cars out and about this New Year!

Toot toot all

ScimiTom
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimiTom » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:33 pm

I've spread the word amongst the west of Scotland noggin, but looks like I'm the only one who can make it. Any update on whether you'll make it, Max?

sonofparker
RSSOC Member

Post by sonofparker » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:47 pm

I should be able to make it.

Max

ScimiTom
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimiTom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Well, it looks like we picked the date well - Thursday is the only nice day this week, in both Glasgow and Edinburgh! If Will and Michael can make it along, that brings us up to five cars. Any word from the east noggin people, Duncan?

Max, if you want to do the Glasgow to Edinburgh stretch in convoy too, I'm happy to meet at your place around 9.30am. Usual rules apply though - I won't push it past 60mph on the motorway (cue Duncan to give me a slagging...)! :oops:

scotdunc

Post by scotdunc » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Re the weather .... I was thinking the same Tom. Certainly looks better than what people attending the Brooklands day meet will be faced with!

I haven't heard a squeak from anyone in the east/central area!!!! Where are you all??? However, there has been alot of views of this thread, so maybe people are watching, waiting and will decend en masse on the 2nd?

Have you still no confidence in that car of yours yet Tom? I promise not to push my speed past 130mph on my streach of the A1

scotdunc

Post by scotdunc » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:00 pm

OK folks, so the date is set for the 2nd, kicking off at 10.30am (we need the extra days slumber up here), and it looks like we will actually get some bright & dry weather for a change.
So I will get to the palace carpark at 10.30am armed with camera & vid recorder, so I hope I will get to see a few people turn up.... and you may end up getting a clip of you and your car arriving.

Any questions drop me a line on here..... Toot toot all

Will Anderson
RSSOC Member

Post by Will Anderson » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 pm

Happy New Year all.

Sorry guys but I am not going to be at the meet tomorrow. Along with his other presents my brother also gave me a very special cold - and I am feeling absolutely rubbish at the moment. :( Had one drink last night and it was a toddy. :|

Hope it goes well, weather certainly looks good, and look forward to seeing the photos. Off to blow my nose now - again! :roll:

Will Anderson - RSSOC 4230 & Middlebridge Registrar
SE5a 1973, SE5a 1972, Middlebridge 14 & 42, P.O. Middlebridge 46

scotdunc

Post by scotdunc » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Sorry to hear your woe's Will.... but hopefully we will have enough people to warrant lots of pics to show off.

cobrascim
RSSOC Member

Post by cobrascim » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:17 pm

I keep missing these meeting threads! Unfortunately the scimitar is still down on the back axle at present. Need to weld on new trailing arm brackets so the job for tomorrow is clear out the front of the garage to get it in and up onto some stands and start the work. I'll get through at some point in the future.
John.

ScimiTom
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimiTom » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:24 pm

Best of luck with it, John.

That's a bummer, Will. Hope you recover soon. Duncan, I'll see you fairly soon after 10.30 - maybe drop you a quick text when I'm five minutes away so you can capture Boffin's grand entrance! I'll be approaching from the east (London Road) direction.

Based on past experience, it'd be a good idea for anyone attending to make sure they have Duncan's number in case of problems. Is it still the number ending in '911'?

scotdunc

Post by scotdunc » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:52 pm

I'll keep my eyes and ears open ready for your grand arrival Tom, and I'll try to video anyone else who turns up in their Scim. My Mob No for anyone needing directions or to report problems is ........ 07931 374911

Toot toot all

scotdunc

Post by scotdunc » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Well we were lucky with the weather in Edinburgh, but not so with numbers ..... with six brave souls, but only three cars. Attached is one of only 2 pics I managed to take (lazy again). Oh and sorry Tom, I obviousley pressed the wrong button and missed videoing your grand entrance. Still hopefully you'll be able to post up some better pics. Cheers to all the bothered to turn up, it was a good laugh.

Toot toot all
Attachments
PIC_0450.1JPG.JPG
PIC_0450.1JPG.JPG (41.64 KiB) Viewed 1965 times

Return to “Meetings”