1926, Bullnose Morris Oxford 3/4 coupe

For other car-related discussions not covered in other sections.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

ocheye

Post by ocheye » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:28 am

The ones on eBay from Asbourne turned out to be for a Minor. She pulled the ad and relisted them. I did get a set of Cowley +0.030 ones from her but I need +0.060. I was pipped at the post last week on a very good STD Cowley engine which was being sold by Nick Williams. Hey ho.
Best wishes
Andy

alan.wells
RSSOC Member

Post by alan.wells » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:34 pm

How do Folks,
Well, the engine has been rebuilt after the piston problem which eventually as suspected was caused by tight Gudgen Pins on piston No 1 and 3, we horned the bores and carefully cleaned up the pistons reamed the pin holes and fitted new rings. The car has now covered approx 20 miles and fingers crossed all seems to be ok, but time will tell, if I do have further problems I will re instate my spare engine.
If anyone's interested, Len Pennington RSSOC member has made a 6 minute video titles Bert and the Tiger, this is reference to Sir Henry Segrave Land Speed Record re-enactment which took place on Ainsdale Beach Southport in 2016 it was the 90th anniversary.
If you look very carefully when the Red Sunbeam Tiger returns from its run, steam can be seen below the rad and engine, the Head Gasket had blown.
Please enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98PASR-cJhg&t=2s
Regards Alan
PS please have sound on

SST 18Ti
Motorhome
1926 Bullnose Morris
3/4 coupe with dicky
( project looking good )
M/N 5637

ocheye

Post by ocheye » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:42 pm

What a great video. Makes me want to dig out my Genevieve dvd. Glad to hear that the 'new' engine seems fine now.
I'm still in the process of rebuilding Henry's engine but in the meantime I've bought a Bullnose engine (Cowley) that would appear to be in great order (as you say - time will tell). Unfortunately it did not come with a cylinder head so I will have to use Henry's unless I find one pretty soon. I could also do with a decent sump and dipper tray.
I have finally got a set of 'new' +0.060 pistons which I swapped for my +0.030's. Just need the other big ends doing by Geoff Bull who's going to be away on holiday for all of April. It means I don't need to rush.
Lancaster Engines are going to do all the machining and balancing and hopefully it will be in fine fettle eventually.
If you have any idea where I might lay my hands on the missing bits and bobs I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.
Happy Morrissing
Andy McKay

Return to “Other Car Chat”