Sabre 4 wiring drawing

Moderators: philhoward, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington, erikscimitardemon

Sabre 4 wiring drawing

Postby peter freeman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:02 pm

I have just added the Sabre 4 to the list of wiring drawings at
http://www.scimitarweb.co.uk/~nenoggins/Wiring.htm
My thanks to Tony Heath who send me the original drawing to work from. Unfortunately Tony only has the Sabre 4 drawing but he does not think there are many changes in the Sabre 6 wiring. I don't know how many cars still have the +ve earth and a dynamo or just the two fuses so the drawing may be of limited use but hope it is better than nothing.
peter freeman
RSSOC Member

Re: Sabre 4 wiring drawing

Postby Old and Slow » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:34 pm

I've already downloaded a Sabre 4 diagram (0001) and a Sabre 6 diagram (rev. E, with an alternator); however 660 XYB is still positive earth and dynamo, but only one fuse!
I'm about to convert to -ve earth, as I'm not concours and anyway the mod is reversible. For safety's sake I intend to add relays and fuses, all of which could be removed if that's what a purist wants to do.
Do you want copies of the circuits? (I seem to think they came from Tony Heath?)
Philip
Ashley-bodied TR3; '54 Ford Consul; '55 AC 2-Litre Saloon;'65 850 Mini; '70 Ford Zodiac MkIV; XR3i
'81 911SC Targa, '64 Sabre Six
Old and Slow
RSSOC Member

Postby peter freeman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:52 pm

I got the original Sabre 4 drawing from Tony and also a modified ( -ve earth, electric fuel pump, alternator etc ) Sabre 6 drawing which I have returned to Tony having done a colour version. I simplified it somewhat missing out the control box which was being used just as a junction box. I can send you this if you think it will be any use to you - send me your email address to peterlfree@outlook.com
peter freeman
RSSOC Member

Postby Old and Slow » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the offer but it sounds like I already have it, although in black and white. I'd noticed the dynamo regulator was still in there, so I guess it reflects the wiring of one of the Sabre 6's out there.
I'll need to create a new circuit diagram to include the heated screen, spots, manual reversing lamp etc., etc. (I don't have a clock, but I'd like a "Battery Condition Monitor" - see "Wanted")
Philip
Ashley-bodied TR3; '54 Ford Consul; '55 AC 2-Litre Saloon;'65 850 Mini; '70 Ford Zodiac MkIV; XR3i
'81 911SC Targa, '64 Sabre Six
Old and Slow
RSSOC Member

Return to Early Sabre