South Wales Noggin

Moderators: Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

South Wales Noggin

Post by ScimitarMatt » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Welcome to the Reliant Sabre and Scimitar Owners Club South Wales Noggin

http://www.rssocsouthwalesnoggin.zoomshare.com/

To get in touch with your local RSSOC secretary simply email John Slee at moyjon@btinternet.com for more details.

The South Wales Noggin is the local group of Reliant Scimitar Owners and Enthusiasts from the Reliant Sabre and Scimitar Owners Club. We have informal monthly meetings and attend many classic car shows throughout the year. We also arrange classic drives and visits to local attractions, usually followed by a great Sunday lunch.

Feel free to come and say hello at our monthly Noggin meetings. We meet on the last Tuesday of each month, around 8pm at The Bear Hotel, Cowbridge, just between Cardiff and Bridgend off the A48. You're guaranteed a warm welcome and a friendly natter, see you there.

(posted by Matt Greenly - former South Wales NogSec - on behalf of John Slee)
Last edited by ScimitarMatt on Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

http://www.scimitargt.co.uk
RSSOC Coupe Registrar & Press Officer
coupe.registrar@rssoc.co.uk

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

'64 SE4, '70 SE4b,'75 SE5a, & Yvonnes SS1 Ti

scimjim
RSSOC Member

Re: South Wales Noggin

Post by scimjim » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:42 pm

just glanced at the homepage Matt - with a request for back issues of Slice - are they aware that we sell them through Club merchandise? Some are out of stock but I'm sure many of those are available (and Andy has the freedom to negotiate discounts for bulk orders on back issues :D )

As an aside, I now have a complete library of Slice and hope to eventually reprint the early stuff in A5 format (to fit in Slice binders) and sell through merchandise in the future.

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 am

Jim, By John Slees own admission he's not the most computer literate man in the world so they are all a bit out of the loop down there. I don't know of any of the members who were there when I ran things who is registered with scimweb or yahoo

perhaps it's a good opportunity for the Noggin coordinator to write to each 'dormant Noggin' and get an update on their status and badger them into joining scimweb and posting the occasional Noggin report?

Cheers, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

demonbluedays

Post by demonbluedays » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:52 pm

With me at home now i could always relay the south wales noggin reports, hoping to badger them with regards to finishing my car this week!

Tom "DemonBlueDays" Williams

1979 6a Manual Overdrive "Link" - Formerly Mine

2009 Volkswagen Fox "King" 3 cylinders of surprisingly rapid movement! And of course the family hack

Formerly RSSOC #3185

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Tom, see what you can do to get them using scimweb so that the south Wales vacuum can be diminished, I'm sure there are plenty of local owners who think the noggin is no more

Cheers, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

demonbluedays

Post by demonbluedays » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:40 am

Will do what i can! Jon's usually easy to get an email from so i'll have a prod or two!

2009 Volkswagen Fox "King" 3 cylinders of surprisingly rapid movement! And of course the family hack

Formerly RSSOC #3185

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:47 am

He's very good at communicating with the noggin, just not very good at communicating with the world at large. I can't remember the last time there was a slice report from the South Wales Noggin (probably when I did it) and as we know, we need noggins to appear active to get new people joining them and from there they build into a stronger club.

The South Wales Noggin was always superb but if no-one knows this then no new people will join them.

best of luck, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

rob dunster

Post by rob dunster » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:54 am

hi matt,i was at last weeks noggin and it is active,with varying numbers,including new faces.jon has just took on 2 scimitar projects,and is juggling with home commitments,but although not publicised,is going ok i think.he is getting attraction from the south wales website,his own,which i saw, and got me to go.its the swan thing,quiet on top and going like hell underneath.

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:59 am

Excellent news Rob, cheers for the update.

The SWnoggin website is the one I wrote when I was the nogsec and I see that Jon and Moya keep it updated. I'm glad it's attracting new members too as they're an excellent and friendly noggin.

I'd be keen to hear how Jon is getting on with his coupe's, the last I heard he had stripped one down to the gelcoat and was getting stuck in but with his ever varying fleet I know time can be hard to find.

Please pass on my best wishes to them all at the next noggin night, you can even give the stuffer bear a pat from me if you like ;)

cheers, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

rob dunster

Post by rob dunster » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:14 am

sorry thought the site was his,but its doing its job.his coupes are still suspended in his garage,and he is under orders to reduce his fleet,so i had his spare 5a,shell and chassis,but he recently aquired 2 v.nice 5a's from the newport area,and he is concentrating on those,both need work,but not a huge amount.he has enough spares to built two complete cars,so he's ok for bits,its just his time i think.he has organised shows in pentwyn,cardiff,and has two up coming shows as well,so he is getting things done.the noggin members here have helped me enormously,and i can't sing their praises enough,through parts and knowledge,and willing to give hands on help.

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:24 am

They were always a very good bunch when I was involved with them too (from 2002 to 2007 ish), it just seems a very big shame though that all these efforts are not being more widely pubicised. The club will always be looking for news of what a noggin is up to so we can 'sell' the club to the newcomers. If they see a publically active noggin, they are more likely to get involved too.

At the moment the SWNoggin seems to be a hidden gem and I reckon it could be even better with a bit of self promotion. Maybe a noggin member with a bit more time than Jon could volunteer to do the noggin reports for slice? They only take half an hour but let the rest of the club see that you are all enjoying yourselves. As Terry (Slice Ed) always says, Slice is only as good as the things people send in for publication

cheers, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

demonbluedays

Post by demonbluedays » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Well i sent off an email saying i could do that as well as putting feelers out for help getting my car home and MOT bait, as well as offering to do that for him!

Heh...great minds think alike eh?

Formerly RSSOC #3185

Return to “Wales”