South Wales May Noggin Minutes

Moderators: Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

Merlin

South Wales May Noggin Minutes

Post by Merlin » Sat May 31, 2014 7:58 pm

A select turn out for the May meeting is perhaps the best way to describe the most recent of the RSSOC SW meetings. The conversation was good as always as was the beer. Those of you who were unable to attend don’t know what you are missing!

Past Events

The show at Pencoed being cancelled last minute was a real shame, not only for us and this that travelled a long way to attend (thinking of Ray here), but also for those from the SWCCC and other clubs who each year put an incredible amount of effort into planning for this event. Yes, perhaps a better way of notifying people would have helped, but we are all volunteers and we do not necessarily have robust contingency plans for all eventualities.

This was received from the MG club (which I am a member of)

We at the SWCCC are sad that all their hard work was in vain due to the Show having to be cancelled following the adverse weather of Saturday night which turned parts of the fields into quagmires once our vehicles tried to access them. The Caterer also had to abandon entry to the fields. May be we’ll have more luck next year. Perhaps we can find some hard standing to hold the Show on!

Future Events

I brought forms for both the Gnoll and Tredegar to the meeting. If you want to attend either of these you need to let me know prior to the next meeting (by email or phone).

Gnoll on Sunday 10th August
Tredegar on Sunday 21st September

Other events you may be interested in, but you will need to organise yourself and if you want any information then ask me

Castle Combe on Saturday 28th June (Huw, John, Dave and Jan are attending)
St Fagans on Sunday 20th July (Clive Linge and Huw Davies are attending)
Curborough on Sunday 17th August (Huw Davies will attend)

Hope to see you all at the June meeting - put it in your diary now!

Huw

Return to “Wales”