Solent Noggin

Moderators: philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

MrGoldtop1960
RSSOC Member

Solent Noggin

Post by MrGoldtop1960 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi All,
Firstly, I couldn't decide on whether we fell into either the "South West" or "South East" sections as we're pretty much "South Central", so flipped a coin and the South East won!!

We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at The Kings Arms, Emsworth, Hampshire and we're a lively bunch with the emphasis on "social" as opposed to talking greasing trunnions and the positive camber angle of your ashtray.
It's free from any form of meeting structure i.e. no agendas etc etc .......this approach seems to work for us!!

Yes, we do talk technical stuff but is normally confined to:
1. What bit's have broken in the last month.
2. What's fallen off in the last month.
3. The most embarassing place you've broken down in the last month.
4. The best deal on Ebay you've had in the last month.
5. "Has anyone got one of these in their garages as mine is knackered!"........producing an oily or rusty blob from a Tescos carrier bag!
6. Up and coming car show details etc etc

We can normally rummage up around 10 members each month but can get up to around 12 or 14 on a good month, many bringing partners as well. We have a good range of cars from SE5's, SE5a's, SE6a's, SE6b's, GTC, S6 Coupes and a 1.4 Sabre.....
The Noggin has a fantastic knowledge base from the usual servicing items, tips and tricks, through to full restoration tales of woe!!!

But seriously....... the Noggin has a very knowledgeable base of members, both new and old and have a passion for the marque, and above all.......having fun, as it is our hobbies after all!!
Why not come down and pay us a visit sometime??
Cheers
Kev

Regards
Kev

Kev Osborne
Solent Noggin NogSec, National Events coordinator.
Member No.2104

Owner of SE5a "Colonel Mustard"
Previous - "Sid" the SS1 1800ti

Return to “South East”