Coupe Register

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Coupe Register

Post by ScimitarMatt » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi all, whether a RSSOC member or not I'd like to ask for some assistance please with the Club's Coupe register.

We have information on many of the production Coupe's (or SE4, SE4a, SE4b and SE4c), but still have a lot of of gaps. We rely on owners letting us know about ownership changes and modifications, but appreciate that sometimes you're too busy enjoying your car to find time to update us.

The register is held by the club with the ultimate aim of tracking down the fate of every one of the 1006 SE4 model Reliant Scimitars made. None of the information is shared with the commercial world and is held in a secure database purely for historical reasons. The only time I would share information from the register is when a former owner gets in touch asking about a car they once loved, then, with the current owners permission I would let them know how their old car is nowadays and, again with the current owners consent, put them in touch with their old cars so owners past and present can share a bit of history.

In order to update the current database, I am asking that every Coupe owner on this site to please send me their info again so I can make sure everything on the old records is up to date, I know this is a lot to ask but it would be a huge help, please don't worry about the risk of duplication, I'll make sure the records are checked and accurate.

I would also love to receive any pictures you have of your car for use on the list (even if it's in pieces, or not what you'd consider a show winner) and also I would need the registration number, chassis number, engine number and any stories you might have about the car (where it's been, how it's been repaired/modified, anything which tells its story).

Eventually the basic elements of the registered cars will be listed on my website (http://www.scimitargt.co.uk) for all to see but If you don't want your photos publishing but would like them in club archive please let me know.

If you haven't registered your car with the club, please let me know and I'll send you a registration form, or simply email me your details, I'll list what I need for the records below and can also email you a registration form in a word document if you send me your email address to scimitarmatt@mac.com

As I say, none of the sensitive information (chassis number, location etc) on this form will be published in the public domain, but it will be kept with the Club's Coupe records.

And finally if you've written off, broken up or scrapped a Coupe, I'd like to know about that too. It would be interesting to know how many of these cars are still in use as most are now over 40 years old!!! And also it will help to prevent anyone from steeling the identity of a scrapped car.

Many thanks in advance of your help, Matt

Info needed for the register:
  • Registration Number

Chassis Number

Engine Number

Engine size

Body colour

Year of manufacture

Any modifications?
    (different wheels, sunroof, audio upgrades, different engine etc, etc)

or any stories about your car?
A little pic of my 1970 SE4b outside GW :lol:

http://www.scimitargt.co.uk
RSSOC Coupe Registrar & Press Officer
coupe.registrar@rssoc.co.uk

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

'64 SE4, '70 SE4b,'75 SE5a, & Yvonnes SS1 Ti

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:20 pm

Well, fancy that!! The first person to send me details of their coupe for the register happens to own the oldest known Coupe with chassis number 3.

Thanks to Eric for kicking off my hunt for all 1006 cars, wonderful pictures too, it's an absolute credit to him.

all the best, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Fri May 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Having finally figured out some technology, hopefully the new Coupe Registration Form should be attached to this message

here goes nothing.................

(p.s. of it does work, please feel free to download it, fill it in and then email it to me at scimitarmatt@mac.com)

cheers, Matt

(edited to change to most recent registration form - previous version downloaded 11 times, thanks very much, I look forward to receiving them)
Attachments
Coupe Registration PDF.pdf
Scimitar GT Coupe registration form
(62.19 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Last edited by ScimitarMatt on Thu May 07, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Sat May 02, 2009 9:55 pm

UPDATE:

Following a couple of kind souls sending me their own versions of a register, I've managed to blend them all together to form one record which now has 144 cars, some with chassis numbers and records, some without so not bad so far.

as soon as I get the paper records I'll update the main register and then see how many are missing

wish me luck

cheers, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the email address published in Slice 227 (coupe.registrar@rssoc.co.uk) is still going to the old registrar, John McGowan, and not to me.

Until this is sorted can anyone who wants to get in touch with me, please email me directly at scimitarmatt@mac.com?

cheers, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Good news, the coupe registrar email address now reaches me at home so feel free to email me on

cheers, Matt

p.s. I see that the registration form has been downloaded 111 times but I've only had about 8 returned, come on everyone, pop a stamp on and get them to me :lol:

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

Gemini Bob
RIP

Post by Gemini Bob » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Matt why not set it up so it can be filled in and sent as an email attachment then you dont have to worry about posting.

Regards
Bob
HUE 1979 SE6a GTE Auto
If the cap fits wear it.
If at first you don't succeed, pay someone who knows what they are doing.
Scimitars Biggest Fan
Resto viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3377 Just for Geoff ;-)

steve bryant

Re: Coupe Register

Post by steve bryant » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

i have just got of the phone from a chap wanting to know the value of a 1964 GT, he said it has a straight six engine with three SU carbs. it is i am told the car that i saw approx ten years ago sitting on someones front garden but has now changed colour from the weathered cream i assumed was original. the asking price is way too high especially as i am told it is not in too good a condition although it is still in daily use, the asking price is 15000 rands, thats a little over a 1000 GBP.
i have asked if i could have the chassis no. etc for the records but lets see what comes back to me.

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi Steve,

thanks for your message, a set of details (including photos if possible) would be fantastic for this car.

As for values, £1000 GBP sounds about right for a straight six car which is in daily use, even if it's a bit tatty. Well, I think thats a reasonable price for one in the UK, I've no idea how it fits with general classic prices in SA.

I have paid more for my straight six coupe and although original (except paint), I've not heard it run so have taken a chance.

Straight six cars carry a premium for rarity, and S6 owners say they are wonderful, some even say better than the V6 coupes (I've not compared the two yet, and everything comes down to personal preference).

If you can gather as may details as possible I'll try and offer more opinion on a value, or direct the owner to me if you like and I'll try and help directly

cheers, Matt

p.s. if the chap wants help selling, I can run a free advert on my website for him (once I've sorted out my current upload issues, grrr) :lol:

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

steve bryant

Post by steve bryant » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:28 pm

the original question i was asked was what is the car worth, and my answer was thats dependant on the buyer if he can get one, scimitars are not a very well known make here and add importing rare spares for the older cars and i can understand why there is a lack of interest in taking on such a project, i am told that the chassis on this car is in need of work, standing on grass for a good few years wouldnt have done the car any favours.
if the car is still in geoffreys bay then i feel a trip down there is on the cards, i have just bought a new car for the wife so theres the excuss i need for a road trip.

steve bryant

Post by steve bryant » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 am

finally with a little arm twisting here are the details for the coupe in jefferys bay s,africa.
chassis no. SC400267
eng no. 331805.
i am sorry but i do not have much more info on this car as the owner now knows i am not interested in buying the car and as stated in another thread he owns it because of a non payed debt.
hope this helps.

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:11 am

Thanks very much Steve, it's always nice to get on so far from home ;)

just being cheeky, do you have any photos of the car or maybe an email address of the owner as I'd like to get more info for the register and could also advertise the car for him now I've got my uploads sorted

if he's owed money on it then he may be grateful of another potential way of finding a buyer

thanks again, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

steve bryant

Post by steve bryant » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:06 pm

i will try and get a mail address for you, apparently he has the full history of the car. all i know of the guy so far is that his name is Dirk and he owns a second hand shop, o and a 1964 coupe :)

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:31 pm

steve bryant wrote:i will try and get a mail address for you, apparently he has the full history of the car. all i know of the guy so far is that his name is Dirk and he owns a second hand shop, o and a 1964 coupe :)
Fantastic, thanks Steve, perhaps we should assign you the title of 'Coupe Registrar, SA Chapter' :lol:

best wishes, Matt

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

steve bryant

Post by steve bryant » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 am

SA registrar, hmm that sounds fancy :D ,but getting to your next noggin is a problem :( , infact all your noggins are a problem :( :( :(
i will have to resign my position as registrar and just do what i can, when i can :cry:
joking aside, if i can help with a phone call or two to help the cause then its only a pleasure.
cheers
steve

Return to “Coupé”