AUE 38B Ogle coupe

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

roymck
RSSOC Member

AUE 38B Ogle coupe

Post by roymck » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:37 pm

It’s been a few years since I owned that car and thought I should put a few thoughts on here for posterity before they are lost and forgotten.
When I owned it was poo Brown never knew what the original colour was ? The front sidelight position was slightly different side to side , I put this down to the fact that as the prototype body shell was slightly different in a few ways at some time before my ownership it had had a knock on one corner and it had been repaired with a section cut from a production car.
The rear bumper was mounted further up the body a lot nearer the rear lights .
The rear valance was a lot lower found that when I tried to fit a original exhaust system to the car and was unable to fit the twin rear tailpipes as they didn’t fit the valance cut out the only way they would fit was to cut the body out , I never got round to that. The filler cap was like a classic mini style not a flip cap style.
When bought the seats were in poor condition so a interior from a S6 car from Roger Valler was donated , front seats fitted ok but the rear seat which is a large moulding just didn’t fit so the shell was a different interior moulding .
It was the car featured in a lot of Coupe advertising , noticeable in some shots it has the oblong shapes Ogle badge on the nose and not the Shield badge . Also the rear Ariel mount is unusual .
It was registered as a Ogle not a Reliant and it didn’t have a Coupe Chassis number prefix I think it had a Sabre Chassis number prefix. It had a second hand replacement chassis before I bought it of the later twin trailing arm style.

Gone but not forgotten

DARK STAR
RSSOC Member

AUE 38B Ogle coupe

Post by DARK STAR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:11 pm

You can see the Ogle badge in this Reliant publicity photo.
The higher bumper was presumably inherited form the Daimler SX250,
happily they changed the strange rear wheel arches though :wink:

Thanks for the post Roy, very interesting.
Attachments
Ogle Scimitar GT3.jpg
Ogle Scimitar GT3.jpg (244.06 KiB) Viewed 811 times

Chris Johnson
RSSOC 1979> Dark Star Coupé 1989> Scimitar France 2010> Vert Soleil GTC 2014>
Scimitar France Website No1 on Google, updated nearly every day

scimjim
RSSOC Member

AUE 38B Ogle coupe

Post by scimjim » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

Return to “Coupé”