Noggin Websites

For local Noggin information, chat and details

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Ian
RSSOC Member

Noggin Websites

Post by Ian » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:50 pm

To All Noggin Secs.

The recent move to new hosting arrangements for ScimitarWeb has opened up the possibility of providing webspace to host sites for individual Noggins. I had started to look into this some time ago but the pressing need to move to a faster and more stable platform pushed all other developments onto the back-burner.

I know that your knowledge and experience of websites, and computing in general, covers a very wide range from scared novice to professional IT geeks (if not Noggin Sec then someone else in the Noggin). Therefore I don't want to supply a "one size fits all" solution.

Some of you will want to create a site on your local PC and then upload it. I can provide a FTP account for people who want to do that.

Some may require a Blog type solution with all editing done online, such as a Wordpress or other blogging system site. That is also possible.

Some may want only a Homepage and a photo gallery. Again this is possible.

Others may only require a Homepage with basic details about the Nogginn such as date, time and location and not want to have anything to do with the technical side of maintaining it. I can provide a single page service based on your information in this case.

Let me know what you want (with examples if you've seen something that you like elsewhere) and I'll see what I can do to satisfy your demands (No promises though!)

Ian
ScimitarWeb WebMaster
RSSOC 453
1974 SE5a manual and 1985 SS1 1600
If you know what you are doing... you aren't learning anything!

AJL Electronics

Re: Noggin Websites

Post by AJL Electronics » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Ian wrote: Let me know what you want (with examples if you've seen something that you like elsewhere) and I'll see what I can do to satisfy your demands (No promises though!)
Well I have seen a pair of 18 year old twins I took quite a liking to. Any chance? :-)

Yes, we can mend your Scimitar!
Order your Scimitar parts any hour of the day at http://www.classicmicrocars.com (member's discounts).

Fancy a holiday in Gael, France? http://www.ianrhu.com

There is no point trying to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:52 pm

ajlelectronics wrote:
Ian wrote: Let me know what you want (with examples if you've seen something that you like elsewhere) and I'll see what I can do to satisfy your demands (No promises though!)
Well I have seen a pair of 18 year old twins I took quite a liking to. Any chance? :-)
These ones ?? :lol:

Ian
RSSOC Member

Post by Ian » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:54 pm

It's been a bit delayed due to other pressures but we are ready to offer some webspace for Noggins to have their own websites. Peter Freeman has already successfully moved his site for the three North East Noggins to ScimitarWeb from the troublesome TalkTalk.

As I said before, I am open to suggestions as to what you want for this hosting. I am working on a completely online system that I hope to roll out early in the New Year, but there are also a number of good free website building software packages available that allow you to create a site on your own computer and then upload it to our server. Just Google for "free website builder software".

I'll do my best to help out so complete novices shouldn't be put off from giving it a go.

Mr Noggin Coordinator Kev: could you please email your list of Noggin Secretaries that this is available, and for them to contact me directly if they want something set up?

Ian
ScimitarWeb WebMaster
RSSOC 453
1974 SE5a manual and 1985 SS1 1600
If you know what you are doing... you aren't learning anything!

MrGoldtop1960
RSSOC Member

Post by MrGoldtop1960 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi Ian,
Yep will do, although I have a lot of holes regarding NogSecs email addresses!! If you're a NogSec out there and you think I've not got your email address, then can you send me an email and I'll add it to my list? (Hope that makes sense?? :-) ).
Thanks in advance,
Kev O

Kev Osborne
Solent Noggin NogSec, National Events coordinator.
Member No.2104

Owner of SE5a "Colonel Mustard"
Previous - "Sid" the SS1 1800ti

Return to “Noggins”