Clueless1 SS1

If you have a long-term project and would like to share/document progress, this is for you.

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, philhoward

User avatar
Alan SS1
Posts: 2021
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: BoD, Aberdeen
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Out it comes!

Post by Alan SS1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:42 pm

AJL Electronics wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 pm
They can be a bit of a pain. Can you make a well with modelling clay for the release agent? You could try something a bit thicker too, diesel or my favourite ATF and Acetone mix. Then it is a matter of some tapping with a hammer and trying to move it either way until it starts to yield. Some just need cutting off unfortunately.
if you mean the spacer washers that sit in the gap between the bushes and the wishbones? then yep attack with a hacksaw and find a replacement (or two) not easy to cut (or source I'd guess, the 'correct thickness has been debated previously, but don't really need to be 'round on out-side' :wink: )
for what It's worth I put the bolts in from the front, saves removal of flexible brake pipes if need removal of wishbones later on, easy to cut a hole in the inner wing to let them come forward (if required :shock: )


SS1 1600 (AJZ ----), Regal 330 (VAV ---), C30 (SK 57 ---)& 480 (EVU ---)

Clueless1
RSSOC Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:18 pm
Location: South Somerset
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Clueless1 SS1

Post by Clueless1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:04 pm

A bit more done today. Stripped out the rear suspension and diff, went really well. I also stripped the o/s front suspension leaving just the top wishbone to remove, if I can get the washers on the bolt to let go!
BE72427B-C212-49EB-80BF-F4801A13C389.jpeg
BE72427B-C212-49EB-80BF-F4801A13C389.jpeg (266 KiB) Viewed 225 times
5DAF7F57-6B1F-41C5-A516-BA37B3B6FC34.jpeg
5DAF7F57-6B1F-41C5-A516-BA37B3B6FC34.jpeg (264.27 KiB) Viewed 225 times
BE72427B-C212-49EB-80BF-F4801A13C389.jpeg
BE72427B-C212-49EB-80BF-F4801A13C389.jpeg (266 KiB) Viewed 225 times
And for the past few weeks while it was indoor working weather I managed to clean and repaint the manifolds and have the carb aqua blasted and ultra sonic cleaned.
Attachments
62264DD6-FD6B-42F5-A800-6728994CB0B6.jpeg
62264DD6-FD6B-42F5-A800-6728994CB0B6.jpeg (213.75 KiB) Viewed 225 times
1D979691-7711-4172-AE02-1D1B3F787A6A.jpeg
1D979691-7711-4172-AE02-1D1B3F787A6A.jpeg (224.07 KiB) Viewed 225 times
8BED234F-9013-44D3-B564-6F403365F20A.jpeg
8BED234F-9013-44D3-B564-6F403365F20A.jpeg (282.36 KiB) Viewed 225 times
A5B19453-1FFB-4173-89DA-E48A72C113C0.jpeg
A5B19453-1FFB-4173-89DA-E48A72C113C0.jpeg (349.69 KiB) Viewed 225 times
E2CEE4E5-F63F-4213-A3AF-561245473B29.jpeg
E2CEE4E5-F63F-4213-A3AF-561245473B29.jpeg (458.03 KiB) Viewed 225 times


Do or do not, there is no try.

Post Reply

Return to “Project Progress”