Photobucket - Thoughts and Ideas

Problems logging in or posting pictures?
Can't register?
Not received your activation email?

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

toolmanchris
RSSOC Member

Re: Photobucket - Thoughts and Ideas

Post by toolmanchris » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:03 am

philhoward wrote:
toolmanchris wrote:Personally I use Flickr but I don't know if I can link images from there to the forum?
Any links I have done so far tend to be to my own web site.
I've seen Flikr images on here, so the answer must be yes?
Thanks Phil as I say never tried it myself. Nice thing about flickr is its 1Tb of free storage :shock:

Chris Barker
http://www.toolmanweb.com/scimitar
RSSOC: 4125

Yellow SE5a - currently undergoing restoration
Seat Leon FR - daily driver
Silver Hyundai SantaFe 2.2 - for pulling the caravan

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 am

I started on one post and with the "new" front part of the link as a bit of text I could copy and paste it wasn't too bad - just laborious. I pit Jim and Steve...

An export/find/replace/import would be perfect but that one is in Ian's hands.

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 am

toolmanchris wrote:
philhoward wrote:
toolmanchris wrote:Personally I use Flickr but I don't know if I can link images from there to the forum?
Any links I have done so far tend to be to my own web site.
I've seen Flikr images on here, so the answer must be yes?
Thanks Phil as I say never tried it myself. Nice thing about flickr is its 1Tb of free storage :shock:
For now.... :w

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5, Sabre Mk2
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti/SE5a 24 Valve
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:15 am

Ian wrote: Although I have no way of dealing with the problem at the moment, it would be prudent for all you Photobucket users to get all your Photobucket images saved so that there is at least a chance that I could re-instate them sometime in the future. I guess that the images you link to here are mixed up with lots of others in your Photobucket accounts, so I've written a little program to list all the external files you have ever linked to on this forum. It lists other external links as well as those to Photobucket. The list is in csv format so will open in any spreadsheet program but is also readable if opened in something like Notepad. With that list, you can, if you can be bothered, create a folder of all the missing images by downloading them from Photobucket, who say that your images are still there and safe.

This is the link to obtain your personal list as a csv file: External Links
Thanks for this Ian, it's brilliant !
Now I know that I have 2347 images still pending on PB that need to be replaced :roll: :lol:
They had all been reduced to 1024x768 - thanks to Irfanview which has batch capabilities, phew - and are about 500K to 1Mb each in size ...
Hosting them on the forum's server would thus take about 2Gb, so maybe I should keep on hosting them outside - I have moved to postimage at the moment -

Thanks for the hard work on helping us, much appreciated !! :clap:

Fred

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61), Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04), Austin Metro 1000 ('82)
past: Mitsubishi Celeste ('77), Alfetta Quadrifoglio ('85), Nissan Maxima ('95)

scimjim
RSSOC Member

Post by scimjim » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:04 am

td99 wrote:Yep, great link Ian!
I've never really liked photobucket so have only 190 odd photos there. However, I tried the download album feature and it sends a 1-time link... that doesn't work! (for me anyway)
Anybody else tried to download album with success?
I tried several times, using both Chrome and Firefox to no avail, just get screen: "This album is no longer available"
I got that message last night - it must be a PB problem because I managed to use it a few days ago.

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

BigBobPilot
RSSOC Member

Post by BigBobPilot » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:52 pm

I've uploaded photos to a few of my most recent project posts (just editing the old post) to replace PB links. However, where ther are more than 5 photos, it comes unstuck, as you can't seem to add more than 5 attachments, is this correct?

I'm clearly not trying as I only have 336 PB links now. I did hate PB too though...

Ben

SS1 CA18DET race car in build
Latest owner of V6 coupe SRE 353G
SSSC Champion 2009, driving "Big Bob"
CSCC "Swinging 60s" race series winner in 2011, 2014 & 2015 (Group 2) sharing a Marcos with Iain Daniels

Ian
RSSOC Member

Post by Ian » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:57 pm

Yes it is limited to 5 per post. Hold fire on doing any more as I should get the PB links re-written during next week.

Ian
ScimitarWeb WebMaster
RSSOC 453
1974 SE5a manual and 1985 SS1 1600
If you know what you are doing... you aren't learning anything!

td99
RSSOC Member

Post by td99 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:03 pm

scimjim wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:04 am
td99 wrote:Yep, great link Ian!
I've never really liked photobucket so have only 190 odd photos there. However, I tried the download album feature and it sends a 1-time link... that doesn't work! (for me anyway)
Anybody else tried to download album with success?
I tried several times, using both Chrome and Firefox to no avail, just get screen: "This album is no longer available"
I got that message last night - it must be a PB problem because I managed to use it a few days ago.
PB is turning the screws - can only download images one by one now.
maybe I'll just fill my album with lots of massive crappy photos just to use up a bit of their storage.
Now, if we all did that.... :D :D :D

Trevor - 1800Ti daily driver
1800Ti DET project, RAV4

Return to “Forum Issues & News”