Thinking of joining the club?

For New Members to introduce themselves and their cars.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Post by ScimitarMatt » Thu May 13, 2010 9:00 pm

As a new form user we thought we'd take this opportunity to introduce you to the huge range of benefits that being a member of the RSSOC brings you

Your £40 (ish) pounds spent on club membership buys you this:

* A large discount on your annual classic car insurance (very often well over £40 off) and reduced rate agreed insurance valuations
* An award winning bi monthly club magazine packed with interest for all members
* Access to club cars and spare parts through 'SLICE Mart' through a 'closed shop' so prices are sensible, sellers can be trusted and competition for parts is lower than eBay
* This website and all the invaluable advice provided from member out of the goodness of their hearts
* Access to an answer, or several answers, often within minutes, when you're working on your car at 11pm and find a tricky problem which will ruin your chances of a fresh MOT in the morning
* Discount at our traders so long as you are prepared to ask for it
* Local noggin meetings where members can swap knowledge, parts and stories over a pint
* A growing parts remanufacture service for parts which are no longer available or in demand (such as SS1 rollbars)
* The club is also affiliated to the Motor Sports Association allowing us to run sporting events, the FBHVC for Government lobbying and also recognised by the DVLA for registration matters
*heavily discounted motor oils (bulk retail price is around £80, RSSOC discounted members only price of around £32 - pack size 4 x 4.5 litre)

Things which members get for free include:

* A small team of very dedicated volunteers who work tirelessly to bring you excellent events like Curborough and the NEC (http://www.rssoc-curborough.co.uk)
* The Scimaritans service where members can call a local member to ask for assistance when they've broken down (it does happen) miles from home
* An informal delivery service where items bought from one end of the country are transfered through members to the other end of the country (or even into mainland Europe) to save on carriage for tricky items such as windows, gearboxes, etc
* A superb social network for technical help or just sympathy when all your nuts round off
* A concours championship which shows the public that our undervalued cars are really superb
* Access to very high quality sprinting events which do cost the competitors a huge amount of money to compete in for yours and their pleasure
* a huge circle of new friends from across the globe

and much much more

Testimonials from current members (some for over 30 years):

* I have been a member for almost 30 years , and totally agree that membership value broken down into a weekly amount is a great way to emphasis what very good value membership is (currently approx 10p per day or 70p per week)
* I belong to a number of other clubs and the RSSOC is amongst the *cheapest*(by a long way). But in terms of the value I get from it it's around the top of the list. (and I'm not a fat cat - if I was I'd be driving a Ferrari!)
* If money can buy you friends, I'd suggest: spend it on a RSSOC membership. A little money, a lot of friends :lol: :lol:
* the main thing i've gained from the RSSOC is a circle of very close friends - the RSSOC outnumbered everyone else at our wedding (held the same weekend as the aforementioned Drayton Manor...)! For as long as I can remember, i've always wanted to put back into the club what i've got back - support, help, friendship, saving money...
*Personally I think membership is excellent value and would never have considered not joining once I had bought my Scim in November last year.
*I am a club member but have not attended a noggin but have attended the odd show with the club and Curborough which I really enjoy. I have taken the view that I should be a member of the club which supports these great cars. The cost in my opinion is reasonable and in line with other (much bigger and well supported) clubs. I will continue to be a member for as long as I own a Scimitar.

How to join this wonderful club

joining has never been simpler, go to http://www.scimitarweb.com and on the left hand side there is a blue menu box, in it you'll see a yellow link called 'online shop'

click on this and the main pane on the right will open up the online shop, in the left of this pane there is a list and at the base there is a little link marked 'subscriptions', cliick that and then choose the one you want (new member, family member, overseas member etc) and follow the payment instructions.

Or telephone the club secretary by looking on the original blue menu window I mentioned earlier, clicking on 'RSSOC contacts' and his details are there, just ask for John Unwin

You can also come along to one of the local monthly meetings (known as noggins) where you will meet a group of like minded enthusiasts who can offer knowledge, spares and sometimes even a spare pair of hands when you need them most to finish your new Scimitar restoration, in addition to this, newcomers who join at one of these Noggin nights will be welcomed by an offer of discounted membership if you join through a noggin (we'll not charge the one off joining fee, can't say fairer than that)

So come along and join this wonderfully helpful and friendly club and see for yourself just what good value you get from being part of the Reliant Sabre & Scimitar Owners Club
Last edited by ScimitarMatt on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

http://www.scimitargt.co.uk
RSSOC Coupe Registrar & Press Officer
coupe.registrar@rssoc.co.uk

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

'64 SE4, '70 SE4b,'75 SE5a, & Yvonnes SS1 Ti

ScimitarMatt
RSSOC Member

Re: Thinking of joining the club?

Post by ScimitarMatt » Fri May 21, 2010 11:44 am

bump :wink:

http://www.scimitargt.co.uk
RSSOC Coupe Registrar & Press Officer
coupe.registrar@rssoc.co.uk

PLEASE NO PM'S, EMAIL ME

'64 SE4, '70 SE4b,'75 SE5a, & Yvonnes SS1 Ti

MickP

Post by MickP » Fri May 21, 2010 4:36 pm

*heavily discounted motor oils (bulk retail price is around £80, RSSOC discounted members only price of around £32 - pack size 4 x 4.5 litre)
Just out of timely interest Matt, where can we get discounted oil from?

Thanks,
Michael.

1978 SE6a Auto - off the road for TLC (or sale?).
2007 Saab 9-3 Vector Sport 150 TiD
1997 Ducati 900SS - Last carb. model.
Gallery Project
“Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards.” - Aldous Huxley.

scimjim
RSSOC Member

Post by scimjim » Fri May 21, 2010 4:47 pm

click on the "RSSOC members section" on the left - password is in Slice.

Jim King

Current: SE5 (8Ball), TI SS1 (snotty), 1600 SS1 (G97), 1600 SS1 (C686CCR), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3), 1400 CVH EFi SS1 (Grawpy), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick),
1300 SS1 (Number One) & Sarah's coupe.
CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:47 am

Hi I have filled in the membership form twice but I am yet to receive any information.
This is the online form I filled in.
http://www.scimitarweb.co.uk/index.php? ... ership.php

I did this about a month ago with some queries but never got a reply.
About 2 weeks ago I requested a "membership pack" but never got anything, not even a confirmation email.

Is this online form working?

Thanks

Ian
RSSOC Member

Post by Ian » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:52 am

Sorry you're having problems. I'll check the form out and see whats happening with it.

Ian
ScimitarWeb WebMaster
RSSOC 453
1974 SE5a manual and 1985 SS1 1600
If you know what you are doing... you aren't learning anything!

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:55 am

Great thanks fro the quick reply :)

Ian
RSSOC Member

Post by Ian » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:30 pm

I discovered a problem with the online form that resulted from the move to the new style site but did not show up in testing. I have corrected this and and the online form should now be working correctly.

Ian
ScimitarWeb WebMaster
RSSOC 453

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Ian wrote:I discovered a problem with the online form that resulted from the move to the new style site but did not show up in testing. I have corrected this and and the online form should now be working correctly.
Just tried that again
Look like its working now - I even got a confirmation email

Cheers Joe

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi I still no mail after 2 weeks from filling out the "Membership Details Request" - I have sent a mail directly to "subscriptions@rssoc.co.uk". maybe the Form is not working still ???

Ian
RSSOC Member

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:28 pm

I'll test the form again when the Club Secretary is available to respond to it on return from his holiday, but if you got an acknowledgement email it shows the form is actually working. Perhaps his spam filter is too eager and he hasn't received it? Hope you get a response to your direct email when he gets back.

Ian
ScimitarWeb WebMaster
RSSOC 453

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Ok thanks - when is he back ?

JoeySully

Post by JoeySully » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Right I've paid my dues ;) but when do I get my membership number ? I guess it comes in the post... any way to get it quicker :D ? i've run out of reading material and the WiKi section is calling to mee :D

philhoward
RSSOC Member

Post by philhoward » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Yep - it'll be in the post, hopefully the early part of next week, Joe (John is back at the end of this week). As soon as you get it, update your profile with the number and I'll upgrade your status to get you into the Wiki (and the rest of the members-only parts of the site) :)

You could always splash a few Euros on some back issues of Slice from the Shop...item M037 :wink:

Phil Howard
Scimitarweb Forum Admin
SS1's - 1600 Rooster Turbo; Sabre Mk1.5
SE5a Barn Find Project 24 Valve conversion
Previous: SE5/5a/SS1 No.1/SS1 Rooster/SS1 1800Ti
http://www.ss1turbo.com
Never try and argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you based on experience.

SteveyC

Post by SteveyC » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Sorry for slight hijack, presume you got my membership payment etc as well. Did it a couple of weeks back but saw on here someone was away.
Ta

Steve

'76 SE6a manual overdrive and '78 SE6a awaiting reinstatement.

Previous - Fiesta4609000Accord80PrimeraMondeo825306FeliciaLegacy9008209-5100NXLegacyMetroSuburban900amongothers - touchesofbrillianceinterspersedwithuttercr4p

Return to “Introductions”