Thinking of selling

Old ads will stay here for a while before being kicked out forever after 6 months or so.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

rebel alliance

Thinking of selling

Post by rebel alliance » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:34 pm

S
Last edited by rebel alliance on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

landowner

Thinking of selling

Post by landowner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:35 pm

I would like to thank Ian Lock for the free advertising :D :D :D
Last edited by landowner on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For all your engine requirements http://www.lymmengineparts.co.uk/ The people who know about engines

rebel alliance

Thinking of selling

Post by rebel alliance » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:40 pm

If my car failed on a few minor things like yours i'd be very pleased..i still think you should ask more, but i guess you want a quick sale...still don't give it away great car.....

upstart8s
RSSOC Member

Thinking of selling

Post by upstart8s » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi Pete,
PM sent,
Stu

drcdb15
RSSOC Member

Thinking of selling

Post by drcdb15 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:04 pm

I confess like others I was a little taken aback when I read Ian Lock's assessment - but this *is* a forum, and Ian's wording was not abusive or impolite in any way in my view. And remember, Landowner *did* put all his cards on the table, and ask "what's it worth?" - so don't be surprised if someone comes back and says "not a lot!" :lol:

In fairness to both parties, my view is that this was a robust discussion, and I believe the views and assessments offered reflect genuinely held views. One says a bit of wire brushing will do, the other says take the body off to do it properly... it seems to me that both are correct in their way, and at least are justifiable positions to take. As to the wisdom of conducting a negotiation in public like this, that depends on what the participants sought to achieve.

Landowner was upfront and honest, and sought a trustworthy appraisal of how 'the market' might view his offering - that much I think he certainly achieved. Ian Lock I believe was equally honest in his views, based as they were purely on the photos presented and his own prior knowledge of the GTE market generally - he expressed a genuine interest, then reflected, had second thoughts, and decided to withdraw - a perfectly legitimate course to take.

On balance it seems to me this has been an honest open debate (and most entertaining too, to me), and all is well in the State of Scimweb. For those who score such things, the winner of this debate is... Freedom of Speech :hurrah:

Chris
MB61; formerly 1978 SE6A 3.5 V8; 1986 SE6B 2.9 EFi.

landowner

Thinking of selling

Post by landowner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Well that was interesting to say the least.
Thank you everyone for your input it's much appreciated and helped me sell the car, I hope the new owner will enjoy her as much as I have, very sad to see her go, only wish I could have done the work myself.

Car is now SOLD, thanks again everyone who showed an interest.

For all your engine requirements http://www.lymmengineparts.co.uk/ The people who know about engines

RonH
RSSOC Member

Thinking of selling

Post by RonH » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Well done on the sale.
A very interesting topic and for me personally an emotional roller coaster of views on owning a Scimitar. I own 3 GTC’S from number 13 to 404 all 3 have some degree of a problem.
However, wouldn’t dream of selling - I guess it was hard to let yours go.
RonH

landowner

Thinking of selling

Post by landowner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm

RonH wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:11 pm
Well done on the sale.
A very interesting topic and for me personally an emotional roller coaster of views on owning a Scimitar. I own 3 GTC’S from number 13 to 404 all 3 have some degree of a problem.
However, wouldn’t dream of selling - I guess it was hard to let yours go.
RonH
A hard decision but for the best, I thoroughly enjoyed my year as a GTE owner, came the long way back from the test station on a lovely sunny day listening to the exhausts and soaking in the experience for the last time. Wish I was ten years younger and had a ramp :D

Ian Lock

Thinking of selling

Post by Ian Lock » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:57 pm

I think all the stick and abuse I have had from you all when Landowner asked for views of which I gave. I was Honest on replying to what he said and the photo's posted . perhaps I am looking for a very good Red GTE at any price and another PERFECT Lotus Excel to go with my full nut and bolt plus 2 pack resprayed Lotus Excel 2.2 SE and my Green GTE SE6a that has already had a full nut and bolt rebuild with unleaded heads and is now awaiting a respray .( see photo's ) as I have been Honest unlike some on the above subject .
Finally if the car was that good and cheap and needed such little work at little cost to get it on the road how come none of you bought it!
Attachments
mylotus.jpg
mylotus.jpg (179.15 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
P1020135.JPG
P1020135.JPG (250.86 KiB) Viewed 1081 times

landowner

Thinking of selling

Post by landowner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:15 pm

Mine was never going to be as good as a nut and bolt rebuilt car and that was reflected in the price, now sold to be enjoyed :D

rebel alliance

Thinking of selling

Post by rebel alliance » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Hmmm modesty like thats hard to come by these days 😊

Datsundrew

Thinking of selling

Post by Datsundrew » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:58 pm

I’m glad it’s sold. It looks like a very good deal indeed, and if I hadn’t have bought mine, this is exactly what I wanted, and it’s in way better condition than mine was.

drcdb15
RSSOC Member

Thinking of selling

Post by drcdb15 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Ian Lock wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:57 pm
I think all the stick and abuse I have had from you all... I have been Honest unlike some on the above subject .
rebel alliance wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:20 pm
Hmmm modesty like thats hard to come by these days 😊
Time, Gentlemen !! As I said earlier, it's been a robust debate, with a good outcome for both sides - Landowner's got a sale he's happy with, Ian's avoided getting a car he would not have been happy with. I trust that the new owner is also pleased with the outcome.

Let's not have it degenerate into a slanging match that does not reflect well on anyone, least of all the Forum itself. I am sure we all can *respect* others' views even if we disagree strongly with them. I for one have learned (and not for the first time) from the discussion, about a number of points to look for on these wonderful cars.

Chris
MB61; formerly 1978 SE6A 3.5 V8; 1986 SE6B 2.9 EFi.

rebel alliance

Thinking of selling

Post by rebel alliance » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Your quite right i'm off somewhere else where slagging off a ill 70 year old gentlemans car when a polite pm would have done is not deemed acceptable behavour...enjoy

Return to “Removed For Sale and Ebay”