SE5A manual overdrive for sale £1850 or nearest Now SOLD

Old ads will stay here for a while before being kicked out forever after 6 months or so.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

plastic orange

Post by plastic orange » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:13 pm

1975 Reliant Scimitar SE5A for sale as an unfinished project.
I bought this car 2 years ago as an unfinished project with a view to having it completed in a short time scale. Unfortunately, life and other cars have got in the way and I don’t see me finishing it, so I need to move it on to someone who will finish it.
When I purchased the car (local to me) it had been unused for around 25 years and was stored indoors, so seemed a good purchase. I received a lot of documentation and receipts with the car and it was evident that the owner had great intentions (don’t we all) to resurrect it. However, whilst it started and ran ok, there were a number of electrical glitches (well it is a scimitar), and this was my first port of call. I have managed to get all lights working by essentially replacing the fuse box and fitting loads of earths and new wiring. Brakes were poor, so I’ve fitted new discs and replacement calipers with new pads, plus all flexis and some replacement kunifer pipework (car is all kunifer). Engine runs fine and has had an oil and filter change, new accelerator pump diaphragm, plug leads and there are new sparkplugs to be fitted.
The radiator was close to leaking, so that’s been reconditioned and a new larger fan fitted, plus all rubber and steel pipework has been replaced too.
Work still to complete:
It needs the (supplied) front O/S outrigger and side rail replaced, engine bay tins refitted, front bumpers refitted, and just recently the servo seems to be leaking and it’s eating brake fluid through the engine (final straw for me I’m afraid). The dash and heater blowers need re connected and it could do with some interior work as mice have had fun on the driver’s seat ( 2 better seats supplied) and the A post trim. Carpets aren’t the best either, but don’t look too bad at first glance. The webasto roof was replaced at considerable cost some time ago and still looks good, but I’ve never opened it. Bodywork of the car is surprisingly straight (main reason I bought it) and it cleans up quite nicely. The front end is just lightly crazed – certainly not as bad as the majority I’ve seen.
It runs on 7 x 14 wolfrace alloys with new Uniroyal rainsport tyres in 195/70 x14 size. It is fitted with a full stainless exhaust including the headers and there is a stainless tank fitted. There is also a towbar fitted, but I’ve not checked that the electrics work.
I’ve spent quite a bit since buying the car, plus there are numerous spares to go with it – A pair of new shocks, 2 front seats, rear hatch, a rebuilt short engine, intake, rocker covers and heads (would need going over before use I’d suggest) and various new small items – bearings, seals, suspension bushes etc.

Here’s the parts I’ve fitted to date, mostly from Graham Walkers:
New Parts
4 x Uniroyal rain tyres 195/70 x14
16 correct sleeve nuts and washers for wheels
Front brake pads
Front Discs
Replacement front calipers
All new brake flexi hoses
All brake pipes are kunifer
4 x new headlights and bulbs
New indicator switch
New brake switch
New fuse boxes/relays and wiring in engine bay
New coil
New points/condenser/ballast resister
New Battery
Recon radiator
New larger radiator fan
New horns
All new rubber hoses and clips
New steel hoses top and bottom
New air filter/oil filter/oil
New plugs (to be fitted)
New nosecone support

Please feel free to contact me for my phone number if any further information is required.

Vehicle information: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=31987

Cheers,

Pete

Scim 1.JPG
Picture from when purchased in 2016
Scim 1.JPG (117.98 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Scim 11.jpg
Recent pic with wheels polished
Scim 11.jpg (110.93 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
scim 15.jpg
scim 15.jpg (135.72 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
scim 17.jpg
scim 17.jpg (149.54 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
scim 16.jpg
scim 16.jpg (172.73 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Last edited by plastic orange on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tornado2Howie

SE5A manual overdrive for sale £1850 or nearest

Post by Tornado2Howie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:10 am

Hi Pete,
Can you forward contact details please,
Cheers Howard

plastic orange

Post by plastic orange » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:35 pm

PM sent,

Cheers,

Pete

plastic orange

Post by plastic orange » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 pm

Thanks for the interest in the car - DEPOSIT now received, I'll mark as sold when car is uplifted.

Cheers

Pete

plastic orange

Post by plastic orange » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:52 pm

SOLD, car now off to new owner.

Cheers,

Pete

Return to “Removed For Sale and Ebay”