Info sought re. GTE in Yorkshire

Old ads will stay here for a while before being kicked out forever after 6 months or so.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

Djangoz
RSSOC Member

Post by Djangoz » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Does anyone know any history on this car currently advertised at a garage in Yorkshire?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C809051

The MOT history online is rather short and I wondered whether the previous owner of 26 years might have been a member or that the car might be known to local members anyway?

I’m looking for a really good 6/6a/6b but there’s not much detail in the description and no photos of the underside etc. And I’m a long way away in Cornwall so can’t drop in to see it! Doesn’t help that the garage website seems to be out of action too.

Andrew
MB60

Ian Lock

Post by Ian Lock » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi Mate.
I only know that this GTE has been up for sale by this dealer for well over a year now, because I was interested in it back then that was when it still had a MOT. The price is still the same at £8950 .That could be why there is a year since the last MOT. The reason I didn't go for it then was the price. But that said SE6 GTEs are becoming more and more harder to find with good paintwork. This one has had a respray so body wise is good. Also it has been stored inside, so knowing the time it's been up for sale you might be in a good potion to get a good deal.

But make sure you get the core plug replaced.

*JP*

Post by *JP* » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Pound to a penny it's way overpriced for what it is,and one in the same condition privately probably £5k.
Put a detailed wanted add on here and buy from a member who can give you full details of its condition,or wait for a private sale on Car and Classic with a full write up.
You need to be patient for a good car to come up.

Djangoz
RSSOC Member

Post by Djangoz » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:48 am

Many thanks for your input guys - I must confess I had some doubts about the car but didn't realise it had been for sale for quite so long! As it happens I've just taken the plunge and put down a deposit on a Middlebridge - not cheap by any means - but in really good order and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better next week. Roll on some Summer motoring.

Andrew
MB60

*JP*

Post by *JP* » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:49 pm

Well done!
If you want a really good GTE,rather than a cheap one,then a Middlebridge version is probably you best investment.

Return to “Removed For Sale and Ebay”