SS1 top wishbone

Cars and Parts Wanted

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Terry Rickard

tanuki
RSSOC Member

SS1 top wishbone

Post by tanuki » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:08 am

I am looking for a top wishbone (RHS) for a friend here in France who needs to rebuild the front suspension of his SS1 - which has been now standing for several months -
We have received one LHS top wishbone already - purchased from Janice Chater - and have also orderer from Janice the RHS wishbone back in August but still waiting ... I am afraid that it will take still a bit of time before we receive it, and the car needs to be prepared for a winter rally, so my friend is starting to get nervous.

We are looking for another way of getting quickly a wishbone - I will keep the one from Janice in stock for my SST -
Nigel provided me with a quote, unfortunately he does not have top wishbones in stock at the moment, not until December or January ... hence my request here:

a/ would anyone have a front top wishbone for sale right now ?

b/ or would you have one kept in stock that you wanted to keep for your car but do not need at the moment ? In such case would you agree to provide it to us so that we could fix the car asap and in exchange we will place an order with Nigel to deliver a brand new one to you as soon as they become available - i.e within the next couple of months - The order to QRG would be done early so that you have a proof of purchase of course, and we will also pay for the shipment of your part ;)
( FYI the wishbone from QRG comes with the bushes+ball joint+pivot bolts )

Feel free to contact me here or on FB
Thanks for reading ;)
Fred
Attachments
wishbones.jpg
wishbones.jpg (116.28 KiB) Viewed 196 times

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61),Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04)
past: Mitsubishi Celeste ('77), Alfetta Quadrifoglio ('85), Nissan Maxima ('95)

reliant-reviver
RSSOC Member

SS1 top wishbone

Post by reliant-reviver » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:52 am

Believe you may be in luck as I'm always short on NS uppers, but feel I have a few OS uppers spare. Will check over weekend and get back to you.

Philip Andrew. Self assured SS1 know-it-all
Current : SS1 1300 "KMG" - Sideways round a track near you 2017
Also: SS1 1800ti big rebuild on hiatus.

td99
RSSOC Member

SS1 top wishbone

Post by td99 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:25 pm

I have one in very good condition, but it is without bushes...
PM if interested.

Trevor - 1800Ti daily driver
1800Ti DET project, RAV4

Return to “Wanted”