SS1 top wishbone

Old ads will stay here for a while before being kicked out forever after 6 months or so.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

tanuki
RSSOC Member

SS1 top wishbone

Post by tanuki » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:08 am

I am looking for a top wishbone (RHS) for a friend here in France who needs to rebuild the front suspension of his SS1 - which has been now standing for several months -
We have received one LHS top wishbone already - purchased from Janice Chater - and have also orderer from Janice the RHS wishbone back in August but still waiting ... I am afraid that it will take still a bit of time before we receive it, and the car needs to be prepared for a winter rally, so my friend is starting to get nervous.

We are looking for another way of getting quickly a wishbone - I will keep the one from Janice in stock for my SST -
Nigel provided me with a quote, unfortunately he does not have top wishbones in stock at the moment, not until December or January ... hence my request here:

a/ would anyone have a front top wishbone for sale right now ?

b/ or would you have one kept in stock that you wanted to keep for your car but do not need at the moment ? In such case would you agree to provide it to us so that we could fix the car asap and in exchange we will place an order with Nigel to deliver a brand new one to you as soon as they become available - i.e within the next couple of months - The order to QRG would be done early so that you have a proof of purchase of course, and we will also pay for the shipment of your part ;)
( FYI the wishbone from QRG comes with the bushes+ball joint+pivot bolts )

Feel free to contact me here or on FB
Thanks for reading ;)
Fred
Attachments
wishbones.jpg
wishbones.jpg (116.28 KiB) Viewed 435 times

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61), Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04), Austin Metro 1000 ('82)
past: Mitsubishi Celeste ('77), Alfetta Quadrifoglio ('85), Nissan Maxima ('95)

reliant-reviver
RSSOC Member

SS1 top wishbone

Post by reliant-reviver » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:52 am

Believe you may be in luck as I'm always short on NS uppers, but feel I have a few OS uppers spare. Will check over weekend and get back to you.

Philip Andrew.
'74 Robin Super Saloon, '84 SS1 1300, '86 SS1 1800ti, '87 SS1 1300
Previous: I lost count around fifty.

td99
RSSOC Member

SS1 top wishbone

Post by td99 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:25 pm

I have one in very good condition, but it is without bushes...
PM if interested.

Trevor - 1800Ti daily driver
1800Ti DET project, RAV4

Return to “Removed For Sale and Ebay”