SE6a USM 99T

If you have a long-term project and would like to share/document progress, this is for you.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon

Tinker man
RSSOC Member

SE6a USM 99T

Post by Tinker man » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:53 pm

well, my thread has never been so active! :shock:

its always interesting to hear/read other people views. every day is a school day. it seems my "copper " pipe may well be 5/16 Copper nickle... but after you read below i will need to buy more anyway.

i had a spare hour so thought would look at positioning the fuel pump and remove the old lines. i found a few interesting things out. i removed the "supply" pipe line from an aftermarket fuel filter at the tank to the engine pulling from twin pipe clips fastened to the chassis. around the gearbox area the pipes disappear from view for about 6-8 inches. guess what? the pipes cross over in there... so the filter is actually on the return line.. god knows what that has been doing. problem 2. the return line was crushed in a few of the clips. but the biggest issue was when i took the front metal pipe off the engine block... as soon as i touched the rubber this happened. i am ashamed to say i didn't change all the hoses when everyone told me too... looks like i found the issue. the amazing thing was it wasn't leaking!!
fuel line 1.jpg
fuel line 1.jpg (58.05 KiB) Viewed 164 times
fuel line 2.jpg
fuel line 2.jpg (31.04 KiB) Viewed 164 times
so that's that understood.. new rubber, new fuel feed and return line required... back to the computer to get ordering. i really should listen to people more often.

many thanks, Ian

If it is made of nuts and bolts I WILL take it apart..... going back together is a whole different ball game

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

SE6a USM 99T

Post by gtcse8 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:11 am

Judging by the spring clip that`s the original factory rubber.

Mark Wilson. See the Beast on youtube under" RELIANT SCIMITAR CONVERSION LOL.,Se5,Se5a, Se6a, Two Se6b`s,1 & 1/2 GTC`s, SST 1800Ti & not a lot of sense

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

SE6a USM 99T

Post by Roger Pennington » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Could well be, certainly looks well past it's use-by date! :shock:

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

Return to “Project Progress”