Having spent a day removing the Ti engine & box, then the body tub from Phils donor chassis (for the Rooster project
) as well as getting the sick engine in my Sabre ready to lift - I did manage another day on the sprint project today.
Painted the fuel tank (removed two
broken fuel caps from the tank!), replaced the fuel sender, fitted the boot liner, boot lid (with strut rather than dampers) and the rear deck panel. Fitted the headlight panel, front wings and nose cone - now it looks like a car
I also fitted the LH driveshaft - that had been holding up a lot of work on the LH rear (trailing arm, ARB, brake line, spring/damper & handbrake) as well as the exhaust.
Discovered that the rear wing won't fit with the rear light panel in place, so removed that again
Once I lost the light, I managed to strip part of an old loom in the garage to recover the distributor plug which is "poorly fitted" on the donor car
Hopefully another decent days work should see it finished except
for the lowered floor - GRP doesn't like curing at the temperatures we've been having! Now I have the Sabre in covered storage I've stolen the hardtop, so I may be able to keep some heat in with an electrical heater?
Still no pics - it's always dark before I even think of taking some - DJs been skiing in Switzerland with a mate since Boxing day
Luckily Andrew's been helping lots but we're repairing the roof at the farm tomorrow in exchange for 6 months rent
so probably won't get anything done on Saturday before Andrew goes back to school on Sunday.
Have a good new year
Current: SE5 (8Ball
), 1600 SS1 (G97
), 2.5TD SE5a (diesel 5a
), 6 x random other SS1s.
Previous: SE5, 3 x SE5a, 2 x SE6a, 3 x SE6b, GTC, 2.9i GTC, 3 x 1600 SS1, 1300 SS1, Mk1 Ti Sabre, Mk1.5 CVH Sabre
Chief mechanic for: SE6a (Katrina
), 1400EFi SS1 (Grawpy
), Sabre/MX5 auto (The Flying Broomstick
), 1400 K series SS1 (Megan3
), TI SS1 (snotty
), 1300 SS1 (Number One
) & Sarah's coupe
.CURE THE FAULT - NOT THE SYMPTOMS