Mikey Bikey's Scimega

If you have a long-term project and would like to share/document progress, this is for you.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington

efi_sprintgte
RSSOC Member

Mikey Bikey's Scimega

Post by efi_sprintgte » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:53 pm

:lol: :w

JC

geoff corderoy

Mikey Bikey's Scimega

Post by geoff corderoy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:09 am

Are you going to get the new flywheel balanced to suit a v6?

MikeyBikey

Mikey Bikey's Scimega

Post by MikeyBikey » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:06 pm

I've purchased the flywheel off ebay and precision clutches in somerset have made me up a 228mm clutch plate with a better performance material and 14 teeth. However the pressure plate is a bit harder to find. No one will commit to a discussion unless i give them a registration number which of course i don't have.

Also the company who I thought was ok, TechniClutch, has a few terrible reviews , enough to make you steer clear. Luckily i just missed buying from them.

Anyways the courier has quoted 2 weeks to deliver the flywheel. I dont want to wait any longer so I thought FI and reattached the dual mass flywheel and clutch with the engine, added the gearbox and lowered it it the engine bay.

Only I've dislocated a finger in the progress and now back in the house realised in the melle didn't check if i'd put the clutch plate in the right way round....

onwards and upwards

I'm trying to type this with one hand and its bleddy painful.

Is we sideways yet...

MikeyBikey

Mikey Bikey's Scimega

Post by MikeyBikey » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:26 pm

So after a lot of research finally found a company that was willing to talk. Brought the LUK kit yesterday and ....

it only all bleddy fits. :o

I've got a c20xe lightweight flywheel, custom 228mm plate for the R28 box, new LUK c20xe pressure plate. The final piece in the jigsaw was moving the concentric slave forward as the 'height' of the new assembly is 20mm less than the 'height' of the existing dual mass flywheel. So I removed the concentric from the box, then removed the bearing and with very gentle pursuasion fitted the traditional taller clutch release bearing to the concentric housing and result !!! its securely on. The new bearing in 18mm taller so takes up the 20mm defecit.

So the new setup is just under 10kg in total weight compared with 16kg for the dual mass. And it a new better quality clutch plate and new LUK pressure plate and bearing. Total cost £235. The existing dual mass was very tired so I'm chuffed to bits. All this on the back of the y32se

Is we sideways yet...

turbster
RSSOC Member

Mikey Bikey's Scimega

Post by turbster » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Wow, that sounded like a lot of fun!! Glad you got it sorted..

2005 RSSOC Sprint and Hillclimb champion
LRP 335E SE4a
XRF 976H SE5
www.gtevolution.co.uk
Previous: Sabre Six GT, SE4, SE4a, SE4b, SE5, SE5a x 5, SE6a x 2, SE6b x 2, GTC, Middlebridge x 2, SS1 ti, Sabre 1.4k

Return to “Project Progress”