se5a fuel pump

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington

tony1966

se5a fuel pump

Post by tony1966 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:33 pm

hi folks,the se5a i just bought has been fitted with an electric fuel pump[facet type] beside the tank and a regulator beside the carb

it has a new looking mechanical pump fitted to the block[nothing connected]

car runs fine with the leccy pump so i might blank off the mechanical orifice in the head

can folk tell me what the fuel pressure should be for the v6 on its standard carb so that i can check it-and do they run better with mechanical or electric pumps as a general rule...thanks in advance

AJL Electronics
RSSOC Member

se5a fuel pump

Post by AJL Electronics » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:56 pm

You need to limit the pressure to about 3 psi. Cheap regulators are a waste of money, I would recommend the Filter King.

Yes, we can mend your Scimitar!
Order your Scimitar parts any hour of the day at http://www.classicmicrocars.com (member's discounts).

Fancy a holiday in Gael, France? http://www.ianrhu.com

There is no point trying to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

gtcse8
RSSOC Member

se5a fuel pump

Post by gtcse8 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:00 am

Millions of engines, inc the V6, have run around for years without problems with the standard mechanical pump. :?
The only "GOOD" reason for fitting leccy, in my opinion, is to fill the carb if the fuel is left to evaporate. :lol:
Be this because of heat evaporation, OR on cars stood for long periods. :?:
OR if your running a heavily modified engine and it requires gallons of fuel to keep running. :w
Mark

Mark Wilson. See the Beast on youtube under" RELIANT SCIMITAR CONVERSION LOL.,Se5,Se5a, Se6a, Two Se6b`s,1 & 1/2 GTC`s, SST 1800Ti & not a lot of sense

Return to “Se5/5a”