Jacking points

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

TrevorG
RSSOC Member

Jacking points

Post by TrevorG » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:40 am

Hi Roger, yes, got to be careful in choice of hydro jack. When I said high lift i probably should have said double ram to give height whilst being able to collapse down.

AndyKing
RSSOC Member

Jacking points

Post by AndyKing » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:51 pm

This thread has got me thinking about jacking points on my SE5 chassis. I'm currently replacing the outriggers and a few other rusty bits.
I don't have any holes in the rear tubes and rust, along with previous repairs, means I can't tell what was once there at the front outrigger corner.

Did the SE5 also have the jack with the pin and relevant holes at the jacking points?

I have the opportunity to get this right while the body is off, so if anyone has any photos of what it should look like it would be very helpful.
Andy.

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Jacking points

Post by Roger Pennington » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:08 pm

AndyKing wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:51 pm
Did the SE5 also have the jack with the pin and relevant holes at the jacking points?
Possibly not? reference to the Se5 Handbook and the Se5a Handbook (both on Dave Poole's Sporting Reliants) seems to suggest that they moved the jacking points between the 5 and 5a - the 5a did have the pin, and it;s mentioned in the text, however for the 5 it's not mentioned..... I don't have a 5 to look at, so I can't give a definitive answer.

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

AndyKing
RSSOC Member

Jacking points

Post by AndyKing » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks Roger, that seems to explain the difference. I hadn't realised that the jacking points had been moved from the main chassis rails out to the outriggers between SE5 and 5a.

Return to “Se5/5a”