Stone the crows.....

We know humour is a matter of taste.........

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, Terry Rickard

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Stone the crows.....

Post by Oldconn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:38 am

The A6 has been closed and the speed limit has been reduced. The Highways Agency found over 50 dead crows on the A6 a week ago, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A pathologist examined the remains of all the crows and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the beaks and claws of the birds. By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with lorries, while only 2% were killed by cars.

The Agency then commissioned an expert in ornithological behaviour to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills. The expert quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Lorry".

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

Return to “Jokes”