Paris and the FFVE

For any general chat and banter.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

Paris and the FFVE

Post by Oldconn » Sat May 05, 2018 12:40 pm

A bit of good news for a change! At a recent club meeting we were addressed by the regional representative of the Federation Français des Vehicules d'Epoque , which is the French equivalent of the FBHVC. He told us that following the introduction of new pollution rules in several French cities, notably Paris & Grenoble, the FFVE has been campaigning on behalf of the owners of historic cars who wanted the freedom to circulate during weekdays, not just on Saturdays & Sundays. As a result, cars which are registered Voitures de Collection may now travel through Paris any day of the week without penalty. Negotiations are continuing with Grenoble and several other cities.
In France, car owners are required by law to keep the registration document in the car at all times, so proof of status is not a problem for us over here. The situation for foreign visitors is not clear, but the advice , if you have a historic vehicle, is to make sure you carry the registration document , and any other official papers which prove that your car is registered as a Historic Vehicle. In France that is available when the car is 30 years old; I believe in UK it has to be 40 years.

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

Return to “Non-Technical Discussion”