SS1 Springs

PLEASE ONLY start a NEW topic if you have a specific part that hasn't got a topic already, and that you need and cannot get hold of through Club Traders. Make the topic name clear (Model and Part details). Anyone else also wanting that part should add a message to the topic.

Moderators: scimjim, Roger Pennington, Lukeyboy46, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

reliant-reviver
RSSOC Member

Re: SS1 Springs

Post by reliant-reviver » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:24 pm

Not yet, I've been holding off due to other commitments at present. I'll certainly be getting more done towards the latter half of the year if you can wait.

Philip Andrew. Self assured SS1 know-it-all
Current : SS1 1300 "KMG" - Sideways round a track near you 2017
Also: SS1 1800ti big rebuild on hiatus.

reliant-reviver
RSSOC Member

SS1 Springs

Post by reliant-reviver » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:48 pm

PLEA TO ALL who have had any uprated springs off me over the years. I'm always after reliable feedback as it helps with the ongoing supply of these and revisions to existing specifications as well as new / additional products for the "range".

If you could supply me (preferably via PM or email) with some details and measurements as per the following example.

---

Specification: "300lbs/in -15mm"
Model: SS1 1800ti
Tyre: 195/50R15 Toyo
Front Height: 140mm
Rear Height: 135mm
Modifications: Rear Spax coilovers, front polybushed.
Installed: 2012
Usage: 6000 miles (road)
Comments: Initial height 145mm, slightly harsh ride.

---

I'm sure you get the idea. In addition to my existing notes / records I've spent several hours searching back over tit bits here and there and it's proven not all that useful / productive!

Measurements should be taken on the flat to the underside of the sills / jacking points, use a Rolson tape measure, Rexel shatterproof ruler, just do your best please!

As a side note the next batch should be available mid / late December and then some new offerings of spec out next year.

boing

Philip Andrew. Self assured SS1 know-it-all
Current : SS1 1300 "KMG" - Sideways round a track near you 2017
Also: SS1 1800ti big rebuild on hiatus.

Return to “Parts Re-Manufacture Requests”