La vie en Ford Consul Capri

Project Progress for our European Members

Moderators: scimjim, erikscimitardemon, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington, philhoward

*JP*

Re: La vie en Ford Consul Capri

Post by *JP* » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Nick wrote:Great Car! Windscreen also shared with Elan+2
True.
I also recall the Elan +2 was also designed to take the elaborate chrome/alloy screen surround but when Lotus contacted Ford to acquire the tooling they found it had been scrapped the previous the week!...so most +2s were just given a much more basic screen surround.

Those Capris certainly were not short of room in the boot!

Roger Pennington
RSSOC Member

Post by Roger Pennington » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Nick wrote:Great Car! Windscreen also shared with Elan+2
and also shared with Se5/5a I believe (and Coupe???)

....Roger

RSSOC member (since 1982)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Condition can be bought at any time; Originality, once lost, is gone forever" - Doug Nye

747PETE
RSSOC Member

Post by 747PETE » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:08 pm

That has made my cold snowy damp day!! I used to know a guy who ran ourlocal sweet shop...Blackjack chews,bottles of Tizer.Lyons friut pies!!! showing my years,his car was bright red and looked brilliant!! Greatfind!!

tanuki
RSSOC Member

Post by tanuki » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:24 pm

*JP* wrote:Those Capris certainly were not short of room in the boot!
You bet ! the boot is huuuge :shock:
Beside the expected spare wheel & jack, I found in it a large wooden toolbox (probably as old as the car),
another box full of spares, 4 extra wheel rims (the originals in fact was I told by PO), a luggage rack of some sort
(not sure if it was for the Capri itself :? ) and there could be some more stuff down the end of it :lol:
On top of this I added the old battery - the first thing I changed on the car - , some SE5 front & rear bumpers
(to be collected by a fellow scimitarist who bought them from Erik a few months ago) and my friend's SS1's hood
(including the frame of course) ... I think there's probably still more room left after this than what's available
in the Caterham + SST combined :lol:

now: Scimitar SE5 ('71), Scimitar SE6a ('79), Scimitar SST 1800Ti ('90), Ford Anglia LHD ('61), Ford Consul Capri LHD ('61), TVR Chimaera 400 ('96), Caterham SV ('10), Lexus IS200 ('04), Austin Metro 1000 ('82)
past: Mitsubishi Celeste ('77), Alfetta Quadrifoglio ('85), Nissan Maxima ('95)

Return to “Projects”