MHIBA Août 2019

For Shows and Events across Europe, both upcoming and reports of past events.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

MHIBA Août 2019

Post by Oldconn » Mon May 13, 2019 1:44 pm

This is mainly for our Continental friends , but may be of general interest.
The fourth running of MHIBA ( the popular abbreviation for Montée Historique Internationale du Ballon d'Alsace ) is due to take place on 9-10-11 of August this year . You will notice straight away that it will be a three-day event - that is because we are including a pre-cursor in the form of a scenic rally on the Saturday, and so there will be the opportunity to check-in and pass scrutineering on the Friday afternoon. The hillclimb on Sunday is a non-competitive demonstration event , but it is distinguished from most other such events both by its length - nine kilometers- and the quality of the historic vehicles it attracts from all over Europe. Today we are up to 100 entries ,including notably a 1908 Benz Simplex , a Ferrari BB 512 and a Dodge Viper , and our faithful supporter René Arnoux has posted his entry - but there's room for you and your car provided it is at least 30 years old . Entries close on 15 June , and there are multiple choices available , full details on the website: www.monteeballondalsace.com; You can enter just for the hillclimb ,or the rally as well, with or without the gala supper on Saturday , with or without accommodation; or you can just come as a spectator and steep yourself in the atmosphere. NB: if you want to take part you will have to be present on the Saturday for signing-in,scrutineering , and the obligatory drivers' briefing. There are numerous hotels in the area(booking up fast!) and at least two good campsites . You will also need track-day insurance. If you want to come in your old car and just watch,you can book a privileged parking spot - see details on the website in three languages.
What's the Scimitar connection?, Well, I shall be there with my GTE , and I'm part of the Organisation.

Ceci est pricipalement pour nos camarades sur le Continent , mais pas exclusivement.
Le quatriéme édition de MHIBA (Montée Historique Internationale de Ballon d'Alsace) se déroulera sur 9-10-11 Août 2019. Vous allez noter toute-suite que c'est étendu sur trois jours , et ceci par ce que nous allons proposer une pré-ambule sous forme d'une rallye scénic dans les Vosges , Samedi le 10 Août. Pour ceux qui s'intéresse , les controles administratives et techniques commencerent le Vendredi après-midi. La montée est strictement non-compètitive ,juste pour le plaisir, mais cet évènement se distingue des autres "montées historiques"par le longeur -neuf kilometres - et le qualité extraordinaire des concurrents qui viennent de partout en Europe. A l'heure qu'il est nous avons 100 inscriptions confirmés, y compris une Benz Simplex de 1908 , une Ferrari BB 512 , une Dodge Viper , et même notre fidele René Arnoux a signalé sa participation - mais il y aura la place pour vous et votre vieux bijou d'au moins trente ans . Date limite pour les inscriptions - le 15 juin! Choix multiples de formules disponibles sur le site web: www.monteeballondalsace.com ; Vous pouvez choisir uniquement la montée , en ajoutent la rallye, sans ou avec la soirée gala le Samedi, sans ou avec hotellerie; en revanche vous pouvez venir en tant que spectateur, pour s'immerger dans l'ambience! Mais Attention: si vous voulez rouler sur piste, votre présence le samedi sera necessaire pour les controles administratives et techniques, et le briefing qui est obligatoire. Il y a dans la region quelques hotels (qui se remplissent rapidement) et au moins deux campings de haute qualité. Vous aurez besoin,aussi , d'assurance specifique pour la journée sur piste(trackday insurance). Mais, si vous voulez être spectateur en ammenant votre chére bolide, vous pouvez reserver une place privilegié -regarder le site web trilingue.
Et le connexion Scimitar? Moi, je serai la , et je fait parti de l'équipe , avec mon indefatigable GTE!
Ian Lambert.

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

DARK STAR
RSSOC Member

MHIBA Août 2019

Post by DARK STAR » Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Ah oui, le Ballon d'Alsace, qui n'est pas en Alsace 8)

Sounds like a great event, enjoy yourself!

Chris Johnson
RSSOC 1979> Rhubarb SE6a V8 1979-1997 Dark Star Coupé 1989> Scimitar France 2010> Vert Soleil GTC 2014-2018
Scimitar France Website No1 on Google, updated nearly every day

Oldconn
RSSOC Member

MHIBA Août 2019

Post by Oldconn » Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Well, one side of it used to be in Alsace! The summit in fact marks the old frontier between Alsace & France. I've been up there today for a planning meeting with about a dozen other officials , and Wow! - have we got our work cut out for us this year! The FFVE are imposing their rules on us , which has effectively doubled the red tape. We have to have radio communication between all the marshalling posts - 23 stations over a nine-kilometer course which climbs 600 feet of forested mountainside; and that's just one item which wasn't required last year. I have a suspicion that lots of beer will be drunk after the closing on Sunday night! -

"When I grow up, I want to be me"
-Kermit Weeks
Current: SE6A; 998 Mini.Previous: Morris Minor,Ford8, Cortinas Mk1 &2,MG Midget 1932,Morgan 3W 1934,Lagonda Rapier,Honda S800, Austin Maxi,Citroen GSA, Riley ElfMk2,Peugeot 505,Rover 420 SDI

Return to “Shows and Events”