SSG - Painting & body repairs

For RSSOC Members to promote their business interests ONLY.

Moderators: scimjim, erikscimitardemon, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington, philhoward, Terry Rickard

Nigel Clark
RSSOC Member

Post by Nigel Clark » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi Dave,

Really pleased to see your new website and find you're now focusing on painting classics. My SE6A still looks brilliant despite having plenty of use in 3 years since you painted it.

It's done 12,000 miles in all kinds of weather since the respray and lived under a carport. Despite the car working hard, the paint still looks as good as when you delivered my Scimitar back home. So far, our decision to use epoxy primer has paid off.

I'm still as pleased with the paint job as I was in the very first day. You deserve every success with your business.

Nigel

speedy555
RSSOC Member

Post by speedy555 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:43 pm

Thanks for those kind words Nigel, and glad to hear it's still looking good :)

Dave Speed

1970 se5 1975 se5a
Prev. ss1 ti / 68 coupe/ 77 & 78 6a / 9x 5a's / '85 SS1 /87 SS1 1.3/ 2x '81 6b's / Cipher / 3 x 69 se5 / rialto / Rochdale Olympic

5 series Registrar

www.ssgclassics.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ssgclassics

Fibreglass liquid coating technician

02Anders
RSSOC Member

Post by 02Anders » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi Dave,

I'm guessing you're still in business?
If so, would you consider doing a few minor local repairs to my SE6a?
For the most part the paint is really quite good. Not concours, but then, I use my Scimitar as a year-round daily, so I don't want concours anyway.
However, there are a few bits that could do with a bit of work - mostly where the doorstop failed and the wind swung open the driver's door and chipped the paint along the trailing edge of the driver's front wing and the leading edge of the driver's door. But if we're at it anyway, there are a few other areas which could perhaps do with a bit of attention too.
Are you my man for that? :wink:

Kind Regards,
Anders Bilidt
ViaRETRO - Classics with a Scandinavian Flick...

'78 Reliant Scimitar GTE SE6a
A small handful of 70's BMW's
And a '63 Rochdale Olympic in a gazillion pieces!

speedy555
RSSOC Member

Post by speedy555 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 pm

02Anders wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:15 pm
Hi Dave,

I'm guessing you're still in business?
If so, would you consider doing a few minor local repairs to my SE6a?
For the most part the paint is really quite good. Not concours, but then, I use my Scimitar as a year-round daily, so I don't want concours anyway.
However, there are a few bits that could do with a bit of work - mostly where the doorstop failed and the wind swung open the driver's door and chipped the paint along the trailing edge of the driver's front wing and the leading edge of the driver's door. But if we're at it anyway, there are a few other areas which could perhaps do with a bit of attention too.
Are you my man for that? :wink:
Hi Anders! I'm most certainly still in business :) If you go to my website www.ssgclassics.co.uk and send me a message from there I can go into detail with you :)
Thanks

Dave Speed

1970 se5 1975 se5a
Prev. ss1 ti / 68 coupe/ 77 & 78 6a / 9x 5a's / '85 SS1 /87 SS1 1.3/ 2x '81 6b's / Cipher / 3 x 69 se5 / rialto / Rochdale Olympic

5 series Registrar

www.ssgclassics.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ssgclassics

Fibreglass liquid coating technician

Return to “Members' Business Services”