Positioning the steering column

Discuss and exchange views and technical information about our cars.

Moderators: scimjim, philhoward, Lukeyboy46, erikscimitardemon, Roger Pennington

pmallinson

Post by pmallinson » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:40 am

Hey guys decided to post this in general topics as I’m sure the problem could be common to all scimitars not just my gtc? The post is on the gtc section about trying to get the column multi switch position correct , but I have now decided that the column is too far forward in its position so that the column switch won’t line up properly with the column plastic covers . This decision was come to because the lowered cover will also not line up with the ignition switch? It’s about 1” too far towards the front of the car!
I had the cross frame metal structure removed previously when I changed the heater but it’s bolted back into the bolt holes either side so thought that must be correct position however the column is in turn bolted to this ?

Any help or advice much appreciated

rebel alliance

Post by rebel alliance » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:57 am

Cross frame 180 degrees out ?.......this is not a common problem 😊

pmallinson

Post by pmallinson » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:05 am

Hello

Thanks for the reply, I never actually removed the cross frame, just unbolted and pulled to enable heater matrix replacement? I am just baffled as to why things all seem fine o5her then and column position?

Return to “General Technical Discussion”