batteries

Discuss and exchange views and technical information about our cars.

Moderators: scimjim, Lukeyboy46, Roger Pennington, philhoward, erikscimitardemon

scimitargtc
RSSOC Member

batteries

Post by scimitargtc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Not wanting to create an ongoing thread but as the recommissioning of my 6A draws to a close I’ve had to have the YUASI battery replaced AGAIN - bought new in October 2016 whilst I was off work recovering from my stroke it’s a Yuasi HsB075. wouldn’t hold a charge and the green charge float disappeared. Halfords tested and agreed 1 duff cell so replaced under 5 year warranty on 31/12/18. this week battery went flat (& yes I've checked for parasitic drain etc- I do have a range rover so know all about this!) and again green float disappeared - took back to Halfords who checked and said it showed as 'good' - this was after they connected their clamp terminal of the tester correctly pos to pos neg to neg not mixed up as they did originally. I said the battery clearly shows on the case that if no green float showing it should be replaced so they did & as it had reduced in price I got a refund of £16! But I Had similar problems with a yuasi battery for my range rover which was replaced 3 times under warranty - now I always believed yuasi batteries were mainly for motorcycles not cars but maybe I’m just unlucky! Hey Ho – The RR had a new battery last December and replaced with a Bosch which has been totally fine and only cost £60

1979 se6a auto pas 3.0v6 (unnamed)
1998 Range Rover 4.6 v8 auto (unnamed)
2016 Nissan QashQai 1.6 Tekna CVT dci ("Quentin")
2019 Skoda Cititgo MPI SEL Greentech ("Clyde")
Space for 5 more! Money for none!!

Stupopt1

batteries

Post by Stupopt1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:10 pm

I try to go with Bosch Silver if I can , never had a problem with them, i do a lot of short journeys so it's worth the extra few quid .

Scimitar Se5
Spitfire Mk4

Return to “General Technical Discussion”